The Canadian Seal Slaughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In respect to keeping off-topic posts out of this thread, I would welcome you to post that question to members in the PUB. :)

I'll never agree that boiling chickens alive, force-feeding animals with pipes down their throats or making animals live in spaces only inches bigger than themselves for their entire lives is humane.

I am sorry, you've lost me. Where did I say that chickens are boiled alive? When chicken and turkeys are killed, they are stunned by an electrical current, then their neck is cut with an electric knife. If they are not dead from the cut, they soon exanguinate from loss of blood. Then they are plucked with a mechanical plucker. Who boils chicken alive? Never heard of that before.

Who force feed animals with pipes down their throat? That is simply not economically feasible. Only veterinarian trained to use a stethescope can thread a gastric tube down the right pipe, and only to administer medications. You've totally lost me here. It is a difficult and involved procedure - naso gastric feeding, and is used only for feeding very sick animals.

Yes, the only point you've got correct is that animals are often confined to very tight spaces. A point I've made all along, and it is cruel. But where does that play here, when I was pointing out that slaughter houses do humanely kill animals. I also pointed out that the transportation, holding, and pre-kill handling of animals in the slaughter house need to be looked at for cruelty.

I am sorry, you've lost me. Where did I say that chickens are boiled alive? When chicken and turkeys are killed, they are stunned by an electrical current, then their neck is cut with an electric knife. If they are not dead from the cut, they soon exanguinate from loss of blood. Then they are plucked with a mechanical plucker. Who boils chicken alive? Never heard of that before.

Who force feed animals with pipes down their throat? That is simply not economically feasible. Only veterinarian trained to use a stethescope can thread a gastric tube down the right pipe, and only to administer medications. You've totally lost me here. It is a difficult and involved procedure - naso gastric feeding, and is used only for feeding very sick animals.

Yes, the only point you've got correct is that animals are often confined to very tight spaces. A point I've made all along, and it is cruel. But where does that play here, when I was pointing out that slaughter houses do humanely kill animals. I also pointed out that the transportation, holding, and pre-kill handling of animals in the slaughter house need to be looked at for cruelty.

Only forcefeeding I know of is for foie gras (dont know the english word) which is common in France. Ducks are forcefed so they get a big fat sick liver which is supposed to be a delicacy. And the french say WE are cruel... :shakehead:

I never claimed that you said chickens are boiled alive. I just pointed out that it happens. But the confinement is NOT the only point I have correct. Check out Youtube and you'll find plenty of footage of chickens boiled alive and animals forcefed. Please don't say that I am incorrect if you haven't checked it out for yourself.

Who would film chickens being boiled alive? Now that would be sick, in a very perverted way.

Who would film chickens being boiled alive? Now that would be sick, in a very perverted way.
I've also never heard of boiling chickens alive? Why? What's the point?

Lobsters and other sea food sure. Most people don't seem to have a problem with that though.

I've also never heard of boiling chickens alive? Why? What's the point?

Lobsters and other sea food sure. Most people don't seem to have a problem with that though.

Sorry Kim, I thought it was about people boiling chickens alive just to film it. I checked You Tube and it's about KFC where the chickens may still be conscious after being "killed" and then they are dumped into boiling water to defeather. They don't say how many may be alive when this happens.

This is from PETA and I thought I should include a quote from their leader...

Here’s just one unbelieveable statement from the president of PETA, Ingrid Newkirk:
“Six million people died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens [emphasis added] will die this year in slaughterhouses.”/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom