The essence of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deja Vu...Creepy! I was just reading 5thDs website about the drag and they talk about how it used to be without a BC.
I got to wondering, other than redundacy, why they don't recomend streamlineing all the way to include dropping the bladder and just using harness and tank. You have the drysuit for bouyancy control IF that's an issue.

DA Aquamaster once bubbled...
Now that the surface temps are around 72 degrees, I like to dive with just a steel 72, tank, backpack, US Divers Mistral double hose regulator. I cheat a bit though and use a vintage Scubapro horse collar BC.

This past weekend on a three-day liveaboard to the channel islands, the crew would jump in to go spearfishing, and they wore just the bp, tank, reg, and weights, carrying the speargun and a goodie bag.

Interesting....

Captn I have been getting a setup like this for shallow water spearfishing, I take it at these depths, say 25 feet it's no prob to surface with just a little more finning? zeN

I think this horse-collar stuff, and any kind of suit is for pansies! One tank, one harness, one J-valve, one reg, no octo, no depth gauge, heavy rubber fins (black), one single-pane mask (black), strap the weights to yourself with barbed wire and dive naked! If you wusses can't hack the program, get outta the ocean!!!:devious:

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
I think this horse-collar stuff, and any kind of suit is for pansies! One tank, one harness, one J-valve, one reg, no octo, no depth gauge, heavy rubber fins (black), one single-pane mask (black), strap the weights to yourself with barbed wire and dive naked! If you wusses can't hack the program, get outta the ocean!!!:devious:

...If you last 20minutes, I'll buy dinner....

Snowbear once bubbled...

...If you last 20minutes, I'll buy dinner....

Hey, you do it! I'll watch! I'm sure you are far more attractive diving naked than I am! As they said on Seinfeld: "It's the coldwater thing! Women know about that, don't they?"

P.S.---Forget the barbed-wire, and I'll buy dinner!=-)

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...

Hey, you do it! I'll watch! I'm sure you are far more attractive diving naked than I am! As they said on Seinfeld: "It's the coldwater thing! Women know about that, don't they?"

P.S.---Forget the barbed-wire, and I'll buy dinner!=-)
LOL! Guess I'm a wimp, 'cause no way am I jumpin' in without a drysuit!! I'll also never join the "Polar bear club!"Polar Bear Swim

diverjed once bubbled...
They do have nudie diving clubs for those that want to go bare wire!

Who is it on this Board who uses the slogan: "Dive naked. Sharks love hotdogs!"?:wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom