The "F" Word (Flood)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

03.gif

Just want to be sure folks out there know that I am not going to just put another camera in this housing and dive with it.
I took the front lens port retaining ring off, took the lens out, took the black boot out to get the water that was trapped between it and the housing, soaked the housing in fresh water and air dried it with an adaptor to my inflator hose.
The housing will be tested to 80 feet or so before I use it again.

sir i'm very sorry to hear this but at least you knew it could happen and it wont stop you from getting back into it. good luck with the new camera when it comes and we all will be looking forward to seeing more pics that your new camera will take.

steve

Gilligan,

That is quite a bummer! But at least you are getting ready to start up again soon. We would miss your daily photographic reports, as well as additions to the Photo Gallery! Good luck w/your new camera :D

cheers!

Gilligan,

So sorry to hear about the flood. First the bad weather, and now this. But as you and others have noted, this is a learning experience for all of us to keep vigilant.

If it's any consolation, I'd say I'd rather flood a camera in Maui than in a frozen lake in the middle of a Midwest winter.

Looking forward to seeing your photos when you get the refurb. Unless of course you sneak the C-2020 back into the water before then....

30.gif

I'm going to take advantage of this flooded camera situation by taking the camera apart as far as needed. I have it partially apart and soaking in distilled water. Hopefully I will get it apart enough to be able dry it thoroughly. I plan on changing the distilled water a couple of times then drying the camera out. It will be interesting to see if it works again.

Sorry to hear about the flood! I had a leak today, but thankfully it wasn't nearly as bad as yours...I am drying everything out and will test the housing with the next new o-ring again before I put the camera in!

Dee:
Oh Man, sorry to hear that. "They" say it's not IF but WHEN you're gonna flood. You don't have to wonder anymore just when it will be!

That's a good price.
You are rigth - Now its WHEN will the NEXT time be. Probability is so cruel in this regard. It has no memory. Lets hope Gilligan has

:wink:

Hello,

One good thing comes out of floods, you have the golden opertunity to upgrade!

My experience with flooded refurbs is not a very good one, had to send my camera body back 4 times and it stil never worked right. Im sure others have far better experiences with that than I do.

Ed

Am really sorry to hear about your loss, and many thanks for the reminder to us all. Will be interested to see how you get on cleaning and drying out your camera.

Hope you get back in the water soon.

Hello Gilligan, i'm very sorry to hear this. When I read your posting I was worried about if it was caused by replacing of front ring. A new calamity visits us just when we have forgotten about the previous one.

But your posting prevent many flooding of us.

Yuzo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom