The Future LDS Maybe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
That explains a lot about some of the posts you make. :wink:

They use the same kind of model in Bonaire with drive through pick ups. I think a drive through pick up would work in a place like Ft. Lauderdale. All you need is a building like a car wash.

Its a lot harder to sneak out of Bonaire with 4 AL80's in your suitcase...

JimC:
Its a lot harder to sneak out of Bonaire with 4 AL80's in your suitcase...

I think you would need to set it up with credit cards. Like renting a car. You think it is easy to get out of Miami International with an AL 80 in your suitcase? :wink:

There was a post a about liability. Those issues exist in the US. Not here.

Stealing...yep it happens but its mainly petty theft. I cant tell you how many times I have left my cell phone in a taxi and have this person chase me down to return the phone. Stealing a truck....thats not going to happen. People here believe anyone diving a little blue truck is very low class and is looked down upon. Also this is a small island, where ya gonna go?

Clean air....I got a filter between my first and second stage. Looks good, well it did before I went to Bohol 2 weeks ago. No issues with air and have never heard and complaints. This is a small community of divers and if there is a problem the business will suffer.

The area is indeed Kenting. There is 5 shops that service 4 boats. Also there is about 20 shore dive locations within 15 minute drive.

Yes this place sells alot of air....they also provide air for other dive shops as well at the boats. Crowds....not really as compared to the rest of the island. 23,000,000 people in an area smaller then New Jersey with 90% of those living in a 200km by 50km area. The good thing is most Taiwanese despise the water.

Lastly i'm not in defense of this shop. Its the shop I use when diving. Information...I come here. Buy stuff mainly from the internet. Maybe someday I can go to a real LDS that sells lots of stuff, gives great advise, builds relationships and gives a fair deal.

TheRedHead:
I think you would need to set it up with credit cards. Like renting a car. You think it is easy to get out of Miami International with an AL 80 in your suitcase? :wink:

It is however rather easy to toss it in the truck and drive down the interstate.

JimC:
It is however rather easy to toss it in the truck and drive down the interstate.

True, but you would have to set it up like car rental, which are the easiest of all to drive down the interstate. You could possibly borrow some ideas from video rental, but you would definitely need credit cards.

And I don't think you would need a truck like the Taiwanese place. More like a place to drive your truck into.

Back
Top Bottom