"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya, thank's Bill. I got the sample on my nook, I will check it out.

I'm 3/4 of the way through the final book "The girl who kicked a hornets nest". Amazinmg reads. I find it hard to put them down. I have the Swedish version of the film on my Netflix que, but it doesn't get released until next week. I know Hollywood is making they're own versions, but I would rather see the Swedish ones first.
Supposedly there is a fourth unfinished novel on Larsens laptop that his former girlfriend has. There is a dispute between her, and Larsens father regarding his estate. Unfortunatly until that is settled we'll never see the next chapter in the "Millenium saga"

I read the first two and enjoyed them, and I was looking forward to the third (on Kindle), but my enthusiasm waned the more I thought about it. I think the appeal is in the characters he's created, especially Lisbeth, and the unconventional relationship between her and Blomqvist. The reason I'm not excited about the third installment is, like with a lot of authors, I am a little tired of him stuffing his world view down my throat. You know, all the good guys are spouse-swapping bisexuals and pretty much everybody else harbors a deep-seated hatred of women. I think that the writing (or maybe the translation) is only so-so and the plot fairly conventional in many respects. But the character Lisbeth embodies everything we love to root for--the ultimate underdog--and we all get a vicarious thrill out of watching her exact revenge from her tormenters after being pushed too far (see Rambo, Kwai Chang Caine, et al). Just as we daydream about avenging the long years of suffering at the hands of professors, bosses, the internal revenue service, and other authority figures.

Who will play Lisbeth in the Hollywood version of the movie? Natalie Portman's name has been mentioned--probably because she shaved her head for V. I was not happy with the casting in the Swedish movie--not pretty enough.

The reason I'm not excited about the third installment is, like with a lot of authors, I am a little tired of him stuffing his world view down my throat

I was worried about that too until I started reading it.

Who will play Lisbeth in the Hollywood version of the movie? Natalie Portman's name has been mentioned--probably because she shaved her head for V. I was not happy with the casting in the Swedish movie--not pretty enough.

Natalie Portman is played out. I hope they cast an "unknown". I haven't seen the Swedish movies yet, but the pictures i've seen of Lisbeth look like I pictured her as I read the books. Not "beautiful", but still atractive

now that I've read (and enjoyed) all 3, hoping to find similar authors. Just bought one from Jo Nesbo and one from Henning Mankell - although waiting for my next vacation to be able to sit down and read them.

I think that the writing (or maybe the translation) is only so-so

That is one of the things that really surprises me in these books. I don't find the writing (or perhaps it is the translation as you suggest) that impressive either, yet it reads very easily for me. Of course the story is what really keeps me going even though in the second book I could foresee several of the revelations a mile away.

I haven't read the book, but I just saw the movie a few days ago. I think it is pretty good. I heard from a friend who has read the book that the girl has a big role in the book. But in the movie, she has a big role but I don't think it is as big as in the book. I guess I will have to read the book to find out:)

Well, based on the conversation in here, I asked for these books for my birthday. Now, to find some awake time to sit down and enjoy them.

if you drink as much coffee as they do in that book, you'll never have 'non-awake' time again. geez, they're worse than seattleites!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom