The good news is We are going to coz! The bad news there leaving us at cancun airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy-S:
I also thought about the little hoper plane, just how small are they my wife gets nervious in small planes.
Randy

I don't mean to laugh at your spelling, but calling it a "hoper" plane gave me a chuckle, as in hope you make it....

The shuttle planes I have flown on down there have seated about 20. They are pretty small.

Cheers,

IT only costs $8.50 to 10.50 for the vans to Play from Cancun. Takes less time than the bus. Use the cart guys to take your stuff to the ferry, pay $18.00 for Ferry, sit in Senior Frog's and wait. Oh yes and have a beer on the ferry if you like. All good.

How much better can it be. Like others, if it is too rough for the ferry, it is too rough to fly.

Randy,

I have flown to Cancun and done the "Land & Sea" route both times. It can get old after a while, but if you have a positive attitude it can be an "adventure".

----------------------------------------------
Here is a web page link about Getting there:

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/GettingHere.htm

Check the Land & Sea section.
-------------------------------------------
Here is a thread I posted recently after my trip to Cozumel in July 2004. This has detailed information that is pretty current.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t66884-.html
-------------------------------------------

I hope that helps,

Wristshot

Sue-ba Lips:
We were there in May also, and on the way home, one taxi driver actually talked my husband into taking his taxi from Playa back to the airport, (it was only the 2 of us) for only $35. I am sure you could barter them down to at least that to Playa if you tried.

No. the reason he was so cheap was probably that he had a fare from Cancun to Playa, but would have been returning empty had he not found a paying customer for the trip back. I'm pretty sure his rock bottom rate from Cancun to Playa would have been higher. They have to charge enough so that if they don't get a return fare they don't lose money going home empty.

That's a good tip for those going back to Cancun from Playa, though you probably could have talked him down even further if there were no other likely gringos hanging about looking for a ride back.

Either method is great- the planes give a view of the water that is just spectacular. That said, I probably prefer the ferry route- sitting up on the exposed rear deck in the sun, drinking a beer knowing you have a carefree week in front of you is such a pleasant experience!

Going from Cancun to Playa we have always got a taxi I think about $40. I recollect once having some sort of dispute in Playa on the way back- I think the taxis there are unionised like at Cozumel airport and they tried to cram us into a tiny taxi (5 with a lot of gear).

Every time I return from Playa, there are several guys trying to convince us to take their taxi or shuttle bus. They walk with us and try to haggle. The Riviera Bus is not bad, and only 65 pesos, so other options are not worth it to me. Once with a group of 5 we almost agreed to a van - taxi, but it was still too much. It all depends upon your priorities. A taxi would save a little bit of time, but I wouldn't do that for a bunch more money. Some people feel differently, as they say YMMV.

Of course it is great to have alternatives,

Wristshot

We used this van service (see web site address below) last May when we flew into Cancun.
It was well worth the $76/person roundtrip. Pays for ferry,taxi's etc. Met us at the airport exit with a sign with our names and we were "handheld" to our Cozumel hotel. Then they came to our hotel and "handheld" us back to Cancun airport. GREAT SERVICE!! We are planning on using them again in November.

http://www.intermar.com.mx/etuz/cozumel.htm

jeancmo,

Thanks for sharing that link. That is an interesting alternative for getting from Cancun to Cozumel. It is a little bit more expensive than doing it yourself, but for some people it would be worth the extra expense to have everything taken care of. I will keep that info handy for some of my friends.

Wristshot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom