The great dive computer poll 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got an archimedes wrist for the wife.
I'm looking for a good deal on a suunto mosquito.

supervisor:
Hi,

lets do a poll for dive computers!

Uwatec Air Nitrox and Suunto Vyper w/transmite :)

suunto stinger

IBM ThinkPad???

It's nice knowing what everyone owns, but how about a little more information: why did you buy what you did and now that you own it, what features do you like about it and what features make you a little wiggy? Personally, I own an Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus that I bought because it has a big display, handles nitrox and is air integrated. I no longer use it because the air integration means that the computer smooths out the pressure reading which means you can't watch the gauge bounce during your pre-dive air check. I also own an Oceanic puck that will do nitrox and is small enough to stick in a pocket. For most of my diving I use an OMS bottom timer with a Timex Ironman watch for backup. I used to own a Nitek3 that I was never real happy with, then I discovered that it won't handle being run over by a truck. I occasionally look at the Vytec and the VR3 but I'm not in love yet...

Uwatec Air (integrated console)
DiveRite Nitek Plus (watch computer - for sale if anyone wants it)
Citizen Aqualand Duplex (back-up gauge)

Want to switch to a Hydrospace Explorer.

Back
Top Bottom