The Great local dive shop vs. online debate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The HF has a yoke inlet on it; you just jack the compressor output onto the HF stack, and attach the HF Outlet to the tank.

The nice thing about this setup is that you can take the HF stack WITH YOU if you do somewhere and have any reason to be less than "trust me" about their gas. They may have a hissy about allowing you to use it, but you CAN (literally) take it with you - its a bit bulky, but is definitely transportable.

I re-did the connections on mine with QDs, so I can put the filler directly on the compressor filter if I want (primarily for friends who paintball; I'm not burning HF time to do THAT for someone!) and also so I can "safe" the system when I'm not using it, as I have a six year old.

She doesn't have the strength to put the QDs together even if she wanted to (which she doesn't), and the HF stack, with the QDs off, is a closed unit (yet still under pressure) and the way I have it set up you can shut off the outlet, bleed down the fill whip, disconnect the inlet and outlet, and its a stand-alone cannister full of gas but with no way to get it out - ergo, no way for someone to get hurt.

fillstation.jpg

That doesn't show the O2 bottles and whip for transfilling, but there's nothing magical about that. I do that in a different part of the garage (separation of functions, etc.)

The picture predates the QDs, but other than those and routing the condensate drains to a crap can on the side of the cabinet it hasn't changed....

Man......can't believe you guys won't let this die!

Hey I'm curious, where the hell does Leisurepro get all their product and at what prices to be able to sell so cheap? It all comes from the manufacturer but they're "grabbing" the stuff from a middleman somewhere. They must be getting "overstock" or something along the way to the dealers. I suppose one would have to have some clout to even approach their sources of product.

RR

And the beat goes on...........

I bought a pony tank from LP in 6/03 with a 5/03 datestamp & saved over $50. Should I have to beg my LDS for a bone every time I buy something? Lower price is lower price! Not getting into the warranty issues again but -not everything (Nothing that I have EVER received) is grey market or overstock at LP.

LeisurePro has the NEW sealife 3.3 meg Digital Camera that just came out on Sept 4th for $549. K-Mart & Ritz camera have the same camera for $549! One of the local dive shops wants $699. Is everyone that brainwashed :confused: Please send ME your spare money - I'll put it to good use!:D

Going to the DEMA show Oct 8-11th & I can't wait to see what the reps (ScubaPro, Zeagle, Dacor, DiveRight, Sherwood, etc)have to say about LeisurePro. Some trade secret or conspiracy?

PS: Notice that Scubapro no longer wants ANY of there equipment evaluated in Rodales Scuba Diving. Got a theory on that one????

Hello all, i will soon be open water certified and wanted to ask the experienced ones what they think about buying bc's and regulators on the internet. I want to support my shop but when i could get my first BC for over $100 cheaper on the net, it makes me think, the only thing that worries me is since its such an important part of equipment, could these merchant be trusted?, will my equipment be defect-free?, and i dont want to buy something cheaper at the shop only to support them when i could get a better quality item from the net for cheaper.

Im willing to buy wet suits, gloves, etc from my shop since price range isnt that great but when it comes to bc it really is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom