The Great local dive shop vs. online debate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a great place to shop and you can get some awesome prices. I don't think I would buy anything life supporting off the net, but I have had friends who have and they have had great experiences. Be sure that you research what it is that you are wanting to purchase. You can get a great deal of info right here.

Good luck with your shopping!!!!!

I have purchased some items from Leisure Pro - and my sister (recently certified too) purchased her first bc/reg combo from them (they have several packages). They were all just fine.

However.... wherever you purchase, make sure you read their statements about return policy and warranty issues. Some big online retailers may not be "Manufacturer authorized dealers" for a given product, and therefore, the mfg may not honor warranties of items not sold by their dealers.

In those cases, the online seller, LP does this for instance, offers its own warranty. Each item from each mfg may have a different situation with its warranty, so please be sure to check it out. And of course, you want to buy from a company you think will be around long enough to honor the warranty!!! (so, there's a risk involved).

I have also ordered from Divers Direct online - and been to their stores in the Keys. No problems there. They changed out my Low Pressure inflator hose and added a console while I waited in Key Largo.

I have used LP for a lot of my stuff but I prefer to use the LDS for the really important gear like Regs and BCD. Everything else it is worth it to do a little research and buy it through the net and save some bucks

so basically, i should be fine........but im taking my chances........lets put it this way, all im gonna get from the net is my BC, cause its where i'd be saving the most.

now look at the difference in prices, my shop wanted $540 for this bc, and they said that was definetly the best they could do, i found it at Leisure Pro for $424, thats $100+ and for a civil servant like me thats a lot of cash

One more favor, please tell me why the next 2 bc's which are supposed to be the same are different, i maybe looking too much into this but im very picky

http://www.divedacor.com/images/bcs_rigpro_full.jpg

http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/stores/LeisurePro/images/large//dcrrp.jpg

And someone please comment on this one plz...........i have definetly narrowed it down to these 2

http://www.joediveramerica.com/Merc...n=PROD&Product_Code=BCJ-5900&Category_Code=bc

thank god for a place like this!!!

Thank you

do the plate.

However, if you're going to do the plate, you might consider a SS BP, an Oxycheq wing, and a STA. Between the three a bit of shopping will net you a lower price than what LP wants for that rig!

The wing should be able to be had for about $250, and the plate + STA & bands shouldn't be much more than $150, and might be less. That's awfully competitive....

What are all the jingly things for? Are you a gypsy, and, where are you going?

For those of you who had something helpful to say, thank you much for the input, its greatly appreciated...................

and im sure i can find some good use for the jingly things, if i go far far back im sure there is a little gypsy in me too.

I would ask your LDS if they can come close
to LP pricing. If they can't, they can often
give you something else (air fills, discounted course fee,
etc.) to make up for the difference.

I purchased an Apeks ATX 50, (299.95 LP and 500.00
at my LDS). My LDS threw in some other
stuff and we got close so I went with my LDS.
I have the manufacturers warranty for my reg.

If you work on regs and service your own equipment
then LP may be right for you. Happy Diving.

Back
Top Bottom