The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So went to the shop today got my eclipse. took it home and decided to inflate the thing using the oral inflator...well on the right side there is some sort of BIND or KINK that doesnt straighten out. i leave it alone and go to messing with the webbing...sizing it up for me and when i come back to the wing it is COMPLETELY EMPTY. ITS FREAKING LEAKING.

called the shop and they said theyd take a look...i dont want them to take a look i want another eclipse wing.

has anyone ever had a similar problem? thing hasnt even hit the water yet!!!

I have a DR Venture and when it's fully inflated it doesn't lay exactly perfect, but I don't really sweat it. As far as the leaking goes, a wing definitely shouldn't leak, and certainly not that fast, have you checked the dumps? Maybe they aren't screwed down all the way (don't crank down on them, they do break).

Ben

Well, thats what happens when you get an inferior product. Send it back, and maybe the next one wont have this issue. Relax, the place where you bought it will take care of you...

LUBOLD8431:
Well, thats what happens when you get an inferior product. Send it back, and maybe the next one wont have this issue. Relax, the place where you bought it will take care of you...
Check to make sure the dumps are threaded correctly. It's an easy fix if that is the problem.

911_abuser:
So went to the shop today got my eclipse. took it home and decided to inflate the thing using the oral inflator...well on the right side there is some sort of BIND or KINK that doesnt straighten out. i leave it alone and go to messing with the webbing...sizing it up for me and when i come back to the wing it is COMPLETELY EMPTY. ITS FREAKING LEAKING.

called the shop and they said theyd take a look...i dont want them to take a look i want another eclipse wing.

That is a major defect, it shouldn't be inspected, you should get a new one. If it leaks that much air at 1 ATA, its unsafe to use as a BC.

I have a Pioneer 30# or something bought in 2001 and love it, but I've heard mixed reports of defects from Halycon wing since 2002 and up, many from divers in your area, FLL. You can query a large group of users at e-divers from yahoogroups.com for various Halycon makes and their issues. Despite that, many still own them, however Oxycheq wings are far nicer and better made ... I haven't seen the single tank ones yet, but the doubles version are superior to the Halycon ones.

Anyway, before you take it home pressure test it at the shop by filling it until the overpressure valve releases the gas. If they have a swimming pool nearby or similar body of water, check it for leaks. if all is well, take it home and leave it that hyperinflated, it should stay that way for over a day, AT LEAST.

Saturation:
Despite that, many still own them, however Oxycheq wings are far nicer and better made ... I haven't seen the single tank ones yet, but the doubles version are superior to the Halycon ones.

Personally, I think the Halcyon wings are nicer than the oxycheq wings. I'm only talking the single tank wings because my LDS doesn't yet have the double wing in yet. I just like the construction and the design of the single tank Halcyon wing over the single tank Oxycheq.

Now, if I liked the Oxycheq better I would buy that because I want the best and I don't care what name is plastered all over it. Although, I would like to compaire my 55# Halcyon wing to Oxycheq's doubles wing to see what the differences are.

mwilding:
Check to make sure the dumps are threaded correctly. It's an easy fix if that is the problem.

The back dump is very easy to thread incorrectly (and /or seat the valve incorrectly) if you have ham-hands. I've mis-threaded mine several times. Double check that. If that isn't it, take it back.

K

911_abuser:

When you get a chance to dive w/ the Eclipse wing, please post a review. I initially passed on the Eclipse wing b/c it seemed overbuilt and too much for what I do. However, I had a chance to see it at EE @ High Springs and it seems pretty slick.

Hantzu

boomx5:
Personally, I think the Halcyon wings are nicer than the oxycheq wings. I'm only talking the single tank wings because my LDS doesn't yet have the double wing in yet. I just like the construction and the design of the single tank Halcyon wing over the single tank Oxycheq.

Boomx5, are you referring to the original Oxycheq single tank wing or the signature series?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom