The Keys "Way of Life"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just came back from Key West. I will probably never go back again. Every where you go you have a $ target on you. Tourist trap. Some of the other Keys I would probably return to. Loo key maybe. It seams for the hassle it is to get there you sure don't get much to show for it. You spend the day looking for a place to park just so you can find a spot to walk amongst the roaming chickens on the street. My first thought was,,,, what 3rd world country did I just get transported to. I was glad to return to the main land mass of the USA Then again much of San Francisco hit me the same way. The only thing I did not see was a drunk with a sign, pan handling for beer money.

All good points FlNativeGuy: I was being somewhat tongue and cheek in that there can be a lot of wealth, expensive restaurants, Ferrari automobiles, high end night clubs, plastic surgeons and that sort of thing in both Miami and LA. Sort of out of touch compared to many people's lives. I didn't mean to sound anti-diverse or anything like that if that's the way I came off.

The diving can't be beat around here.

I knew what you meant...I get enough of that stuff in Dallas. I want to get away from it. I'm a very sociable person (I'm in sales!) but when I'm not working I like to disengage and typically find some sort of outdoor activity, even better if outside of the big city. My party days are behind me, I'm no night club guy so none of what the Miami area offers is of interest to me (except fishing in Biscayne Bay).

This thread has given me reason to pause though and consider different areas of Florida's SE coast. I just need to get out there and do some scouting around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom