The more gear you have....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And when you get too much gear you will need another house in a foreign land to keep it all stored. Just ask my wife who enjoys her summers in Cozumel. We keep four sets of gear there along with a car. Hey, you got to be able to get around.

With all that gear in Cozumel I still have room for my drysuits, eight tanks and three other sets of gear here at home. At least now when we travel we don't have to pay $25 for the second bag with all the dive gear. HA.HA.

Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas.

This is one of those "rich" divers I hear so much about!

During the first couple of years back into diving and I would tell my wife something like, "Honey, really, once I get this HID light I'll have everything, and that will be it."

Then the camera: "This really is the last big purchase."

Then the drysuits, the scooter, the tech gear - doubles, stages, regs, reels, the SUV to haul it all in, the classes, the travel, and finally the rebreather.

But now I have everything, and I'm done spending money on gear.

Really I am, dear...

Hmmphh... yeah.. It never ends

I thought I would only dive occasionally on vacation so I'd never own a wet suit or a tank.
In the last year I changed my mind. I have 5 wetsuits now and 2 tanks with my eye on 2 more tanks.

I thought I would go dry, but you can't just buy a drysuit. I needed larger fins to fit the boots. I started with one pair of undies, then found I needed something warmer as the water got colder, so now I have a second pair on order. Then I discovered I can't live without a p-valve which also for me required a she-p.

I just keep finding more and more things....I try to pace myself, but I really don't want to. I want it all now! But I can't justify putting myself into debt, so I usually only buy when I have the cash to do it....generally means I buy in pieces (you know, I have regs for doubles, but no tanks....that kind of stuff!).

I got certified in june, and I am buying slowly... I actually already had bought BCD, regs, and dive computer before my check out dives. It was much cheaper for me to go diving after that, now, i just need my 7mm shortie to put under my 7mm wetsuit. But, I have to wait till next year to try all my newer stuff.. Oh and i have a lot of stuff i "need" to get. =)

I just keep finding more and more things....I try to pace myself, but I really don't want to. I want it all now! But I can't justify putting myself into debt, so I usually only buy when I have the cash to do it....generally means I buy in pieces (you know, I have regs for doubles, but no tanks....that kind of stuff!).
I never charge dive gear to my credit cards. If I can't pay for it I can't afford it. I just find myself working a ton of overtime.

I don't want to figure it out, either.

BTW, we have a boat. So far, almost every time we have taken it out, something has broken on it. Broken somethings on a boat start at 10 "scuba units". (A scuba unit is local slang for $100.) Charters are WAY cheaper.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That's a good one! I have heard the BOAT unit. "B"reak "O"ut "A"nother "T"housand! but never a SCUBA unit...

....The more we dive, the more gear we acquire, the more gear we [-]wish for[/-] [-]want[/-] must have. Why didn't any one warn us about this?!?!?

When the rebreather(s) ?

As long as You and your hubby are happy ..... buying scuba gear is cheaper than a divorce :D

BTW, the virtual gear in our simulator is way more cheap :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom