The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who really needs to upgrade to this regulator and for what reason?

No one is arguing that you have to upgrade to anything here. I don't understand why people are hypersensitive about others who are interested and excited about a new unique regulator coming to market? Why enthusiasm by some for the regulator is taken by others as forcing them to abandon all they have in dive gear to get this regulator?

Perhaps the "Bentley"?? :p

That may be the better analogy. It does look pretty cool. But just like I'll never be in the market for a Bentley or a McLaren, I'll never be in the market for this reg. But it does seem pretty sweet nonetheless.

Folks,

Lighten the heck up, this is a freaking "regulator" nothing that would lead us to hell or to paradise or give us some eternal life.

Bentley or a McLaren
I have seen both in the UK and a Bentley again few weeks ago in Libya. I WANT a Bentley, it is sooooo nice. BUT, I can't afford it and even if I have the money for it, I am better off investing the money in real-estate with much better return in shorter time.

It is sooo nice :)

I have seen both in the UK and a Bentley again few weeks ago in Libya. I WANT a Bentley, it is sooooo nice. BUT, I can't afford it and even if I have the money for it, I am better off investing the money in real-estate with much better return in shorter time.

It is sooo nice :)

I see Bentley, McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc, all the time here in South Florida. I’ve parked next to Bentleys at the local Walmart lol.

I see Bentley, McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc, all the time here in South Florida. I’ve parked next to Bentleys at the local Walmart lol.

I parked next to a Maybach and the Bentley here in Libya in my 20 year old beat up dirty Hyundai divemobile shiit box. It was an embarrassing ugly sight lol

No one is arguing that you have to upgrade to anything here. I don't understand why people are hypersensitive about some others are interested and excited about a new unique regulator coming to market? Why enthusiasm by some for the regulator is taken by others as forcing them to abandon all they have in dive gear to get this regulator?
Unique? Not to be argumentative, but the TFX second stage is ~ 90% d400 (or d350 or d300). Even the replaceable orifice originated with later d400s. But the TFX does seem to represent a more refined rendition. Better materials. The externally adjustable venturi is new and the tacky externals of the old d regs are thankfully improved. It will be interesting to hear from Rob a comparison of the performance between the old and new center balanced regs.

Out of stock…

1685836328693.png

Back
Top Bottom