The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm hoping the 2nd stage gets made with different materials that would allow 100% O2 so it could be made used in rebreathers. While that is a small market, if the WOB can be reduced, that would be a huge improvement in safety. Now that is something I would spend $$$ on.

How would you use the 2nd stage in a rebreather?

EDIT: I dive 2 different types of rebreathers. Neither of them have a 2nd stage regulator on them. I cannot figure out what you are talking about at all. They have 1st stage regulators, but those don't affect WOB.

WOB is affected by the DSV, loop hoses, counter lungs, and scrubber. No regulators involved in normal breathing on a CCR.

Reactions: L13
I dove an AIR 1 for over 20 years. Best breathing reg EVER. And yes...it breathed a little wet inverted. I hope they let you buy just the second stage . I already have an Atomic B2 in like new condition.

How would you use the 2nd stage in a rebreather?

EDIT: I dive 2 different types of rebreathers. Neither of them have a 2nd stage regulator on them. I cannot figure out what you are talking about at all. They have 1st stage regulators, but those don't affect WOB.

WOB is affected by the DSV, loop hoses, counter lungs, and scrubber. No regulators involved in normal breathing on a CCR.
I have a BOV. If the kaka hits the fan so bad, I want the best breathing reg I can have. And yes, i want to be able to plug in O2 into it. Not my current configuration, but something I want to see the merits of setting up in the future. It won't come without other issues.

I have a BOV. If the kaka hits the fan so bad, I want the best breathing reg I can have. And yes, i want to be able to plug in O2 into it. Not my current configuration, but something I want to see the merits of setting up in the future. It won't come without other issues.

Your BOV would allow you to change it to using any commercially available 2nd stage?!

Also, you can run O2 through a 2nd stage with a Ti air barrel. The problem us just with high pressure O2 - i.e. into the 1st stage.

My dive shop is saying 2 more weeks for my TFX.
I ain't holding my breath.
And here I'm heading to Cayman Brac on Friday without a new toy! :shakehead:

I was just told 4 more weeks :)

If I could overnight you one I would, but no joy here either. I'm not even gonna ask about when ...

Back
Top Bottom