The New Scuba Wagon... 2016 350 Transit XLT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to rain on your parade, mostly curious, why did you not have the inside spray foamed?? Excellent R value and done in a fraction of the time. Also gets into all the nooks and crannies. As far as the heat goes,,,it's been hot as heck up in northern NY also! No escape this year!!

I didn't research it much. this was pretty easy and cheap. The problem has been the plywood. The insulation was simple, straightforward and easy.

I didn't research it much. this was pretty easy and cheap. The problem has been the plywood. The insulation was simple, straightforward and easy.

I can relate to the easy and cheap!! As I said just curious!! Hope to get back down to the Keys one of these days, will have to look you and Elena up again! Take care.

For those who want to see the progress so far

upload_2016-8-19_18-37-13.png

Plywood sheathing almost finished. I painted the lower panels before I installed them. I'll be installing the final panels tomorrow and wiring in two duplexes just behind the driver's seat. Running the wire was tough until I put in a length of PVC conduit. That was far, far easier than trying to snake the wire through the insulation and it's protected.
upload_2016-8-19_18-37-13.png
upload_2016-8-19_18-42-23.png

upload_2016-8-19_18-42-23.png

120V recessed male socket installed.

I took a few steps back today, but a major step forward. I had to remove the driver's side top panel as well as the shelf brackets and then I painted all the sheathing that's already been installed. I got two full coats on and it looks great. I reinstalled the panel and the brackets as well as the lower left front panel and wired it all in. Friends are over, so I didn't get anything done this afternoon. Here are the pics...

upload_2016-8-20_17-40-42.png

upload_2016-8-20_17-39-43.png

Looks great, I'll be down next spring to dive and test it out.
Hyrum

Did you get the 3.5 with 6-speed automatic? I drove that combo in a long body/low roof Transit. Pretty damned good to drive. Much more agile than the Sprinter. I have not driven the diesel yet, but I look forward to trying it. I saw a 'tradesman upfit' with two sliding doors and a bench seat in front of the cargo compartment. One of those "Why didn't I think go that?" moments. Room for five people and all of their gear.

DC

I did get the 3.5 ecoboost, and agile describes it perfectly. I only heard the diesel and opted not to even drive it. I like quiet and every ounce of insulation gives me even more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom