the pier of Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing to note ,

Even if you are staying at Atlantis it may be of interest to walk over to El Dorado at about 8.00pm (? SSRA30) as they have a huge screen and projector and show whatever requested movie nightly. If you take some new DVD's they will more than happily play them. But just one movie / night!

The Pool at Atlantis looked good.

If Swiss Chris is still there tell him Burger says Hi.

Cheers

I think the movie time is around 7pm usually (I might be wrong here though) unless you make a request early in the day for a movie and ask for a later showing time. When we got out of the water after our night dive, the movie was usually already started. Usually they will post the movie and showtime on the board at the bar by the pool by mid afternoon.

Hi Guys:

Thanks a lot! I will go ahead and take the full board for 2 1/2 day. However, I still want to go to the town and see what they offer there!! Any good spot to visit in the town? By the way, were you guys able to see some madarin fish?

jc928tw:
Hi Guys:

Thanks a lot! I will go ahead and take the full board for 2 1/2 day. However, I still want to go to the town and see what they offer there!! Any good spot to visit in the town? By the way, were you guys able to see some madarin fish?

On the Atlantis House reef (also known as "sara's reef") you will see so many of them you will be bored with them after your hols!!

Hi,there

I am planning to visit Dumaquete in late March or eraly Apr. Don't blame me to plan so early but I am so eager to go there! Do you guys have any suggestions? Weather? Visibility? Is it a good timing to go there? I don't have much time for diving abroad and I hope I could go there at its prime. Thanks!

philsung:
Hi,there

I am planning to visit Dumaquete in late March or eraly Apr. Don't blame me to plan so early but I am so eager to go there! Do you guys have any suggestions? Weather? Visibility? Is it a good timing to go there? I don't have much time for diving abroad and I hope I could go there at its prime. Thanks!

Forget to mention, I would stay in Atlantis if possible. Do you have any ideas about the power points there? I faced the problem on my plug which doesnt fit when diving in Manado. I will well prepare for my battery charging stuff this time!

I recommend Atlantis. Their house reef has mandarinfish, but make sure you're the first dive group there at dusk. If another group beats you there, you'll see only tails and flashes of color. Are you going to take photos? If so, you're better off diving the reefs around Atlantis rather than trudging over to Siquijor or other far off islands. The reefs at the other islands (other than Apo, which has tight fishing restrictions) aren't in good shape. Lots of little critters around Atlantis (house reef, Manaplod sanctuary, El Dorado house reef). Scuba diving with Atlantis is expensive, though. You should arrange for a package deal before you go (info@atlantishotel.com -- ask for Chris or Jasmijn, and tell them that Marlo sent you....). Packages don't include night dives, though. You also have to go on a check dive, which the hotel owner requires of all divers. Expect to be asked to clear water from your mask, along with demonstrating fin-pivot and surface-BCD bouyancy skills. Just don't take the check dive personally -- Atlantis is a 5-star PADI resort, runs a tight ship and wants to make sure all its divers are safe and don't bump into coral.

I heard Atlantis is very expensive and good.
But I am a budget diver.
Is El Dorando good too?

I stayed at El Dorado in November and it was very good , they gave a group of 4 of us a great deal.

Though you cannot compare the standards of ED and Atlantis , Atlantis id a beautiful resort.

But if your doing 4/5 dives a day theres not much chance to enjoy the resort , and ED is good enough.

Bye the way if you told Chris from Atlantis (Swiss Chriss not UK Chris) that Burger from Damnam said high , watch out for the look of panic on his face.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom