Is the town Pier closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Town Pier as part of a cleanup dive in Nov 2023. Sad and trash are two words that come to mind. I don't enjoy macro though, so if you are in to that kind of thing vs big picture/landscape/life, I'm sure your experience could be different.

One of my favorite pics taken there in 2008... If I remember correctly, shortly thereafter a tropical storm hit and damaged the pier. They never reopened it for divers.
seahorse.jpg

Dove Town Pier as part of a cleanup dive in Nov 2023. Sad and trash are two words that come to mind. I don't enjoy macro though, so if you are in to that kind of thing vs big picture/landscape/life, I'm sure your experience could be different.
I guess I may have been wrong, it was "North Pier", maybe not same thing as Town Pier. At any rate, I remember I have a few videos of the cleanup dive over here:

If Town Pier is similar or the same thing, not really worth it in my opinion, unless you have already dove everywhere else and just looking for variety. Just a bunch of dead coral, tons of glass and plastic bottles, and so many tires. I could have filled 1,000 bags and still not feel like I made a real dent in the amount of trash. Was still great meeting fellow divers and bringing awareness though, will do again for sure.

So I was trying to figure out which is "North Pier". In the process realized google has now driven and mapped a lot of the island. Does anyone know when that data went on-line? Just curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom