The problem with dive trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey, Hank...can I come see you? I just went to an HSA and need to stock up. I can bring the RX's, nothing illegal but need some cheap drugs.

Yea, those swollen lymph glands are bad news. So...did the antibiotic work? amazing stuff..antibiotics. You know, I read somewhere how many people die every year in 3rd world countries from tooth abcesses....

catherine96821:
hey, Hank...can I come see you? I just went to an HSA and need to stock up. I can bring the RX's, nothing illegal but need some cheap drugs.

Yea, those swollen lymph glands are bad news. So...did the antibiotic work? amazing stuff..antibiotics. You know, I read somewhere how many people die every year in 3rd world countries from tooth abcesses....

You can come anytime. I need a good dive buddy to check out all the new spots I haven't dived yet near my new place. my compressor is due in this week. Got 4 tanks....we're out there.
The antibiotic worked. I try to stay away from them though unless I really need them. The abcessed tooth makes sense. It's pretty close to the brain too.

So go snorkeling. At least you'll see some neat things, and it's not so different from diving...

catherine, I take antibiotics with me to the third world, too. Antibiotics aren't bad, they are just overprescribed. The problem is that people have been conditioned to believe that any illness requires them, when the vast majority -- yes, even tonsillitis and many ear infections -- don't need them and don't respond to them. It's the old joke: If you have a cold and take an antibiotic, you'll be better in 7 days. If you don't, it'll take a week.

Thanks to all that supported and recommended that I go on the trip. I was still feeling a little weak the day we got there but by the morning of the dives I was feeling fine. Maybe a combination of the meds and great weather. We had a full week of great weather and great dives.

Let me make a suggestion to all you divers, especially the old-timers like myself (I'm 67, today). Get a pneumonia shot every 5 years along with a flu shot every year. I've been doing this for the last 10 years and haven't even gotten a runny nose since then.

Back
Top Bottom