The thread to end all "are the ebay scooters good?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDH, would like more information because I would buy one for myself and my son:
1-What is the maintenance?
2-when you use the scooter 2 speeds, how long will the battery, more or less?
Thanks, and sorry my English, I'm Brazilian.

1. Rinse with fresh water. There is very little else you can do with them - most of it is sealed.
2. 45 minutes to 1 hour. You will use the second speed all the time.

If you want the twin speed version, make sure it is 200 watt and that it has the two bladed prop. The handle is different on these (look at the one on the right in the picture I posted). This is an exact copy of the SeaDoo GTI as far as I can tell. It also has the moisture sensor in it. As stated before don't expect a Gavin.

Paul.

I'm with you pdh. I bought a Deco Deep Blue Stingray. I use it the same way you do, as a commuter. I've been able to dive places I haven't dived in years (no boat) or would have had to charter and pay $100 to dive. My deco could die on the next dive and I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I've done at least 5 "$100" dives with it. It's paid for its self a few times over.

Paul and AfterDark,
You never opened the scooter to lubricate internally the gears and bearings or exchanging rings seals?
Thank you for your attention.

Jose Luiz

Paul and AfterDark,
You never opened the scooter to lubricate internally the gears and bearings or exchanging rings seals?

Jose Luiz

No, it's not in the owners manual to do it or how and I wouldn't attempt it without instructions. Like I stated if if dies I'll just get another.

Ditto - the cheaper scooters are sealed. As far as I can tell there is no way to get to the gears or prop seal without cutting it up (which is what I'll do when one dies so I can see how it's assembled).

Paul.

I can buy 4 or even 5 for the price of one seadoo and if they break I just throw it away and buy another one, so it's cost effective as well.
Paul.

Paul, the next time you replace one of these let me know, I'll be happy to take the broken one off your hands. I am an avid tinkerer and if I can't fix it I can use its geering and props elsewhere.

Paul and AfterDark,

Jose Luiz

Gears/Bearings? Not likely user serviceable. Not likely shop serviceable. Same with rings/seals. Maybe the brushes in the motor could be serviced, but, again, this thing is disposable.

To the original poster:
Did you try to turn the housing on your AV-1 around? You can assemble the WRONG way and it wont run. You have to be sure the contact from the top housing meet the contact from the bottom housing when you assemble it.

Ebay is now just a format for retailers to sell off all those PLASTIC SeaDoo and other knock off toys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom