The wait is over: Suunto Eon Steel is here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it will work with multiple gases and is supposed to be CCR compatible in the future, I don't know what else you would call it other than an attempt at a technical computer.

Follow up,after a little more digging. I'm sure I'll catch flak for this, and for so many reasons AI isn't appropriate for tech diving, but you can add up to 10 wireless transmitters to the EON, admittedly, I'm a little intrigued to have all tanks and deco bottles on the same beautiful color screen. Tempted enough to forgo spgs and use this as a primary, unfortunately not...
I agree that multiple transmitters has a coolness factor of 10 but at $300-$400 a piece, that's not cool. I predict that in the near future the SPG diehards will be like the table diehards of today..a dying breed.

Perhaps, just perhaps, when the CCR update comes (early next year), Suunto would have tweaked the software to be more 'Tech' friendly? #dreaming:grinjester:

Perhaps, just perhaps, when the CCR update comes (early next year), Suunto would have tweaked the software to be more 'Tech' friendly? #dreaming:grinjester:

If we make enough noise on ScubaBoard... How could they ignore us??

Seems like software updates would be easy.. No limits!

Oops, isn't that someone else's motto?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a very high-end recreational computer. Why even consider Suunto for Tech?
Exacte, Suunto is not into tech and likely never will although this computer is capable. As far as AI goes, it is usefull when it's reliable and affordable. To me at this time it's none of these.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6503 met Tapatalk

I agree that multiple transmitters has a coolness factor of 10 but at $300-$400 a piece, that's not cool. I predict that in the near future the SPG diehards will be like the table diehards of today..a dying breed.

Not until they work the bugs out of wireless AI ! They are still far too finicky and problem prone.

Not until they work the bugs out of wireless AI ! They are still far too finicky and problem prone.

That is very true and I agree but the trend is heading that way. [sarcasim] heaven forbid we have to turn our head and look at another gauge or reach for it. [\]

Suunto is distributing to the masses, the techreational diver. I don't see them stepping up to shearwater or Liquivision. The X1 was proof enough. SW and Liquivision have already begun marketing to the masses to compete.
Granted they both have some very nice tech specific computers.

Spelling errors courtesy of iPhone

Wow Suunto released an updated version of the EON, cool. :eyebrow:

Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 1.37.09 PM.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom