The Zeagle Zena note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflyprops once bubbled...
Zeagle will put more d-rings on it for you, for a price of course...

Yep - had it done on my Escape. I had metal D-rings put on the shoulder webbing. Unfortunately, the way the Zeagle BCs are made, you can't just slip on a D-ring. Disassemble the BC and take the piece that needs augmenting to the local Zeagle dealer (zeagle won't do it directly) and tell them what you want and where you want it. Be VERY specific. Zeagle didn't understand what I thought to be pretty straight forward instructions the first time... I ended up with the standard delrin D-rings replaced with metal D-rings instead of them adding a metal D-ring. I now have 3 of the shoulder pieces (M) for a Zeagle Escape. Anyone need a replacement? :)

The Zena can be supplied with a great pocket, it is attached to the front, your LDS should be able to supply it for you, my wife has Zena including the pocket, nice thing about the pocket as it sits on the front of the hip it is super easy to get too, as oppose to pockets in BCD's that are almost impossible to get in and out of.

I have a Zena and at the moment don't dive with a lot of "stuff". We just bought a couple of those metal clips (not sure of correct name) and clip them to the existing clips. Does the job for now.

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

I have the Zeagle Concept II Sport which has a roll-up pocket but I also added a Zeagle pocket to the front. I primarily keep my slate in it.

Zeagle BC pockets

Diverlady

To me, this is the problem with commercial BC's - they never seem to work the way they're supposed to.

One of the many lessons I've taken from the DIR book is the thigh pocket. Solves all of those problems. They are readily available and can be stitched or glued on. Personally, I think it's a better place for a pocket anyway.

Are you sure you're not carrying a little too much stuff around with you all the time? Like my wife, whose purse feels like it's got a brick of U-235 in it? :)

HIH chris

doole said...
Are you sure you're not carrying a little too much stuff around with you all the time?

Probably. But that's my role in life... when you need to borrow something, I am the person you borrow it from. But I like to have my stuff stashed away tidily, hence the need for pockets.

I do have a detachable thigh pocket which I use sometimes. If I ever end up in a drysuit, I will definitely have thigh pockets. It isn't really practical to add them to my wetsuits.

Seems like the Zena just isn't designed for the kind of diving I do.

Z

I'm going to buy a back-inflated BC and almost decided to buy Zeagle Zena, but still have some concernes. That's why I'm asking for a pice of advice from Zena owners or backplate&wing owners.

The main question is absence of a hard backplate (how your back feels) and zipper (don't seem very reliable fastener for me).

Many thanks

MNStarfish:
FYI

A rough convertion of kilos to pounds is 1.6 pouns to the kilo.
2.2 lb in a Kg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom