Theme for July 19-25: Twinkle, twinkle little star...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A quick one:

Hope feather starts count!

I love this feather star. It was found on a dive site we had never explored before. Viz was less than 10 feet for most of the site and there was so much silt in the water it looked like mud. Then on the edge of the set of bommies, right before the sand, this big chunk of coral & rock loomed out of the murk. Right on top, backlit by the clearest water (relatively)and an amazing blue, was this amazingly coloured crinoid just posing! This was the only area of the site that was remotely clean. And I was the only one there. Truly one of those moments.

Taken with Canon A70.

awesome pictures, everyone... here's some seastar (not sure species) from Florida.
this was taken in about 60 feet of water off St. Augustine, Florida:

21089w_starfish.jpg

Cool stars, everyone!

Awesome pics, everyone.
Nothing like those around these parts, that I've seen, although I did see a brittle star recently.

Here's a couple from the wreck of the Coney Island, off NJ at Shark River Reef, on the deck at 110 fsw.
I guess they're of the hard core tough breed to be lounging down there in 43º water.

DSC00713.sized.jpg

DSC00715.sized.jpg

A red feather star on an orange sponge

Very cool everybody! Hats off to the colder water divers...nothing for this gal:wink:
Here is another artsy version:

20910P1010346_Plaster.jpg

Hey Lisa....with those colors, that looks like a big snowflake!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom