Thermalution Yellow Grade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a good thing you got the yellow grade. I used my blue one for the first time in Puerto Vallarta and while it was better than nothing, I wish that I would have gotten the yellow instead. I was cold in a blue vest turned up all the way with a 3 mm wetsuit. I then used a 7 mm rental wetsuit with the blue vest and I was OK. I then tried the 7 mm without the vest and I was definitely colder without the vest so the blue was working, but just did not have enough for me. My wife got a sleeveless blue and she said she was fine with her blue and her 2/3 mm wetsuit. (She may have more natural "insulation" than i do).

It's still the "intelligent" future for most scuba divers not doing dives deeper than 130 feet....
Higher tech insulated fabrics, slick on the outside, and less and less buoyant swing with depth is what the consumer needs to go after, if we ever want the "industry" to react properly, and to make real advances in exposure protection.
I don't see this in Dry suit evolution -- they have just become entrenched in a very high drag, quite expensive solution, that seriously interferes with optimal diver propulsion and ease of control.

Semi Dry suits with a heated vest under them would seem to me far superior as a direction for the 33 degree to 55 degree dive crowd, and once you reach 70 degree water, the high tech fabrics with heated vest should be the future.

With that in mind.....:) I have a "like new" condition DUI TLS 350 top of the line custom Dry Suit I only used lightly in 2 seasons.....and I have become convinced there is no dive I want to do, where I need to put up with the high drag of any dry suit....So....I will sell it for a fraction of it's cost....I believe I paid $3600 for it....I will dump it for $1000 to anyone that still believes that dry suits are the way to go :)
This should fit someone within a few inches of 5 foot 8...and around 200 pounds ( power lifter/cyclist body type--legs larger volume than most dry suits )

Since I hate dry suits, I can't bring myself to say nice things about my DUI suit...it is still a dry suit, and I can move almost rice as fast, or with half the effort, with a slick wetsuit....since I dive with big currents, and I try to actually "swim" to places, any dry suit sucks, even the best ones!

Back
Top Bottom