Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a cool thread! I have not started diving yet but as soon as I do I will make sure to look out for anchors, as there seems to be a lot of them left lying around.

T

I've found plenty of lead, hooks, line...but the weirdest one was a "Sea-Doo" hand held propulsion device, must have stopped working for someone, then they just left it.

I have not found anything interesting yet just some old junk, maybe someday I will find something good worth mentioning....Just means I get to dive more.......

I have found alot of the usual stuff:
glasses
fishing poles
underware
wine glass
bottles
masks and snorkles
The most different thing, is a leather necklace with 2 elk ivory's and a little wooden symbol thing.

For me personally just the standard stuff gold bars, ancient coins, Spanish coins ancient, pottery dating back 3000 to 4000 years, cannons just your everyday run-of-the-mill stuff laying on the bottom of the ocean.

Fun thread. I've found fishing poles galore, anchors are a dime a dozen including one I salvaged that has a stock 3 feet long and must weigh 50+ pounds. We do a "reef sweep" once a year and recover cast nets, knives and all the debris boaters lose overboard then stock pile it and photograph it for the local paper. But the most unusual thing I've come across underwater was a sofa sitting upright on top of the reef in about 60 feet, had to do a double-take. Unfortunately we had no way of removing it.

Just for fun here is my wife fishing underwater with her new found Penn reel and rod.

Attachments

• IMG_6800.jpg
    IMG_6800.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 571

Back
Top Bottom