Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubbachicken:
diving the resturant isn't so good anymore as the owner's pelted us with rocks last time :(

Nah, that just means he wants you to dive naked!

FD

all i have found is a single golf ball, a pack of fishing weights, and a cylinder of cardboard. eh not too much. but hopefully the list will grow with more dives.

too many people dive in fl all the stuff is taken before i get there

rubbachicken:
where'd you dive to find that matey, sounds like a place to go a looking
most of what i've found, the ring and the watch and the sunglasses were found in the marina on the swim out and back from diving the underwater resturant in eilat
lots of expensive boats there :wink:
diving the resturant isn't so good anymore as the owner's pelted us with rocks last time :(
Let me put it this way. These hands weren't soaking in dish water all these years.
I mean they are not lilly white if you know what I mean.
Maby if the owner of the rosary had been sayin her beads she wouldn't have had time to throw rocks at the poor divers scrounging up junk for a living, if you catch my drift.

Various weights,
Fishing tackle (lots of that)
snorkels,
Masks (2)
1 body
fins,
1 fin with a bite out of it (creepy)
WW2 ammunitions, bombs, mines
anchors (3)
1 speargun (the guy that lost it was on a boat next to mine, I had to give it back)
1 Rolex
six pack of beer,
lots of golf balls
Lets see......

wow, lots of cool stories

I can't wait till I get out there and see what I can find :)

Found a Ladder for a Pontoon Boat this past weekend. In nice shape and strudy just covered in a littel silt, prolly hadn't been down for long.

FatCat:
What, if anything, have you found and salvaged on your dives? I'm not talking about scavenging wrecks, I'm just curious to know what items, if any, all of you have stumbled upon while diving.

Here's my list to date :

4 kg of lead weights
2 masks
1 snorkel
1 safety sausage
1 bottle of champagne
1 dive knife with integrated bottle opener
assorted litter

I used to belong to a club in the SE of England who were diving under Brighton Pier. They found an old suitcase that was full of S&M bondage gear. At least they SAY they found it anyway. :) :) :)

Not sure if this should be in this area but the most exciting thing that I found was a 1920s/30s motor cruiser at the bottom of one of the busiest lakes in England. It had all the portholes still on and some really neat looking bulkhead lights throughout with even the glass still intact. I took a video and you can check it out on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0hjGAibqGU if you like.

Steve :14: :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom