Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my very first solo dive I found an Acqua Indiglo watch at 60' in 31 degree water..still ticking..ice had just come off the lake..so it had been down likely 6mos or more..also found a sandal, rotten hat..some empties, and freshwater mussels..

Second dive found someone's firearms ID card...

Nothing special to speak of yet...but I will keep looking!

I found this tooth
Granted it was only about 12 inches under water
But "I" found it!

Oh man, here on the OBX we have about 4 wrecks that you can swim to from the beach so there are all kinds of stuff. people flip kayaks over and rain "stuff" all over these wrecks.
I have found over 100 golf balls
6 mask
a snorkel
about 50 pounds of weight (i found 2 5lbs at one time and tried to take them both up at the same time. not a good idea)
2 fishing poles,
lots of tackle (don't really pick that up thoe)
2 half pair of fins
a Sling
a Spear gun (still use it to this day)
all sorts of clothes
Kayak paddels
an outboard motor that i actually walked back under water to the beach with it (i really wanted it)
a old watch (not old enough to be cool thoe)
and in this mountain stream in Lexington VA where you slide down natural water slide int a pool i found 8 pairs of sunglasses in an hour (no joke) i need to go back there.

Well nothing in 08 but my season starts at the end of the month....last year was slow but the year before that..over 100 rings 50 % were sterling 25 gold and the rest kid junk rings..looking forward to this year's start....also ended up with over 250 bucks in coins..happy hunting to all!

I found a "Brunton" wind chill/temperature/time - day-date little gadget on Mothers Day! Took it home, dried it out, put a new battery in it and - voila - another thing I will have to learn how to use. A couple years ago, my husband found a bunch of "loonies" & "toonie" (Canadian coin eh!) while we were out on our annual sailing/diving trip in Desolation Sound - British Columbia. As soon as we surfaced, we jumped in the dingy and zoomed off to the nearest marine pub to invest our booty in some local brewskies

I learned to dive in '77 but in '88 I found a sword handle while on vacation in the Caribbean. 20 years later I have finally found the rest of the wreck and today I was digging on it under contract with the government. Napoleon's Lost Payroll Ship!

I wanted to share that moment of excitement when "you find something" with everyone.

I just signed on with your group and am in the introduction area as was suggested but just wanted to say HI here and tell you what I found!
Jack
Flash Intro Page
P.s. The first dive-related find I ever had was a some-what cheap dive-knive and sheath I found while seeing the Pacific Ocean for the first time in 1977. I noticed some divers frolicking and asked if it was theirs and they said no but I had part of my costume I needed to be just like them. That was a life-changing moment for me obviously.

Last edited:
I found a Japanese gas mask from WWII in the middle of the Hija River, Okinawa, Japan

Since I am newly certified I haven't found anything good. The best thing was a new shiny penny.

Riley Hall

1 CRAFTMAN TOOLBOX FULL OF TOOLS
4-5 mics. fins
4-5 masks and dive knifes a year
2 fishing poles lots of golf balls
1 pair of COSTA DEL MAR SHADES (LIKE NEW)
Anchors lots of anchors
Weight pocket w/ 10lbs of soft weight
glass bottles from 1800 and 1910
1 connon flint
1tickle stick
some ugly dudes drivers lic.
1compass
1beeper
$12 cash
sreet signs

Last edited:
Over the years a ton of junk anchors, a Remington 870 Express shotgun, a keeper.
My dive partner found an M-1 Carbine, full automatic. We dove the Detroit River years
ago by Belle Isle. It's an underwater junkyard. Lake Erie the same, tons of junk, with
little visibility. I'm hoping the best is yet to come....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom