Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cessna 152. :D

I pulled up a glass top table from the bottom of a lake (with surface support). The story behind this one was that the table was sitting on top of a houseboat (the upper deck) while tied up to a dock. A storm blew up and blew the table off the deck, over the dock and into the water. It must have hit just right because the glass was intact. One year later my dive partner and I came upon it.

Same area i found a big MAGLITE. It had been dropped about a year earlier in 30 ft of water. Brought it up. cleaned it. and changed the batteries....the damn thing still worked. Not bad for a non-dive light.

I didn't do any of the salvaging, but during cleanup at the Brownstone Quarry in Portland, CT (hopefully turning into a dive park by next spring) here's an example of what has been salvaged/found so far this year:

About a dozen or so cars/vans (typical for a quarry)
Washer & Dryer Set (Um, slightly used)
Dog Bones
Safe that was stolen in a robbery in Hartford (contained $20 in change and unused lottery tickets)
Motorcycles
Bicycles
etc. etc.

Lots and lots of shark teeth!!! I love Venice Beach, FL. That's some great low-vis diving. Poor vis is about 18 inches, good vis is around 3 to 6 feet, and great vis at Venice beach is when it reaches double digits - that's right 10 to 12 feet MAX!!!

Firebrand:
Lots and lots of shark teeth!!! I love Venice Beach, FL. That's some great low-vis diving. Poor vis is about 18 inches, good vis is around 3 to 6 feet, and great vis at Venice beach is when it reaches double digits - that's right 10 to 12 feet MAX!!!

Come on Firebrand. It's no fun unless the vis is less than 6" with a HID. Got to FEEL those teeth!

WD

In 40 feet of water, just off La Jolla Cove, I once found a sign that said some thing like ... "STAY OUT OF THE WATER, CONTAMINATED"... Wish I had a camera that day!

Years ago my buddy and I found a fishing line that seemed to be coming from the beach. It still had bait on it so I gave it a tug. It tugged back, so I tugged back again. We wrestled for a few minutes but I guess the poor guy had his drag set too tight.....Oh the one that got away.....

Earlier I posted about finding the anchor, chain, rode, and pulpit from a boat, I found a swim step on a later dive. If I fill in the blanks I have a dive boat!

Deep water Mark:
Years ago my buddy and I found a fishing line that seemed to be coming from the beach. It still had bait on it so I gave it a tug. It tugged back, so I tugged back again. We wrestled for a few minutes but I guess the poor guy had his drag set too tight.....Oh the one that got away.....

A.. um.. 'friend' of mine just did something pretty similar to that... Swimming along by a reef I, um "she", noticed a fishing lure with a line attached and decided to have some fun with the fisherman... Gave the line a good tug and swam with it for 10 or 12 ft..... tied it to a clump of eel grass.... all the while listening to the sounds of my, uh..HER, buddies giggling through their regs.... Tsk tsk... :54:

Oh, and I did find a dollar bill that was skimming along the sand down at 40 ft :dollar: Along with a shoe, a barbie doll, an arm (of a doll), and various other useless "treasures"...

Back
Top Bottom