Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotgun shells
bottles
$5 bill
numerous weights
dustcap for K valve
golf balls
cool green glaze tile
mask/snorkel

2000 Year-Old Mayan Incense Burial Pottery in a Volcano Lake in Guatemala :)

Attachments

• atitlan1.jpg
    atitlan1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 607
Geez Curt, why you gotta be showin' off like that?!

I'm just jealous that I've never found anything that cool, or dove the places you dive. Maybe if I hit the lottery. :rofl3:

FD

This probably happens quite often. Last week while checking out some gear in a local bay I was free diving in shallow water. The viz was about 2 feet and while looking at the bottom I saw a small piece of waterlogged wood scooting along the bottom. This seemed a bit strange to me since I've never seen wood swim! I grabbed it and surfaced. When I got to the surface I found out that it was tangled up in some monofilament fishing line. When I started to gather it up I found it was attached to something. One of my friends joked, "waduh ya have, a fish on the other end?". As I pulled on it a bit I replied "yes, as a matter of fact!". Not knowing exactly what was on the other end, I pulled in a 14" corbina.

Didn't feel like having fish that day so I just cut the line as close as I could (swallowed the hook) and watched it swim off. Maybe it will return the favor someday!

-Mark-

At 100ft the other day while diving a fresh water lake I found a 4 pack of unopened 31 year old 7-Up. The cans were still in the plastic thingy and were in almost perfect condition. I am still debating whether or not to crack one open. hehe.

-Kstnbike

I've been hoping to find my "ultimate dive buddy" underwater, but so far she's escaped detection there... or on surface intervals.

I found my first ever "dive loot" Saturday at Catalina!

Descended out at the third buoy intending to navigate to the SueJac, I was hovering about 5 feet off the bottom waiting on my buddy to get settled and there below me I spotted a bright color. I moved a bit closer and there was nice new dive slate, pencil still sharp...

The elastic keeping the pencil attached was bright orange, very noticeable even at that depth ~75 ft.

During the surface interval on my checkout dives this weekend I was snorkeling around in about 5 feet of water when somethin shiny caught my eye. I went down and found a brand new dive knife. Seeing how this was a very high traffic area and the knife had NO silt on it, I figured it had been dropped recently. As I was about to go back in for my second dive I was asking divers who were comming out of the water if they had a knife. One looked at me and said "yea, I just got mine... its right... son of a ... its gone" I asked what brand it was and what it looked like and sure enough, it was his. Didn't help me any, but I felt good being able to return his knife to him.

On the rest of the dive all I found was old beer cans and an old "no trespassing" sign. Hoping to have more luck with next weekends treasure hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom