Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This weekend I found some kind of weight on the reef off of Pompano beach. Don't know what it was, but it was smaller than an anchor & larger than a fishing sinker. Probably weighed 15#... I left it there.

A porcelain button and some lead shot off of the Sherman in SC
Old plate in KW not sure if its actually a collector or what
1 safety whistle
1 snorkel
still working on more but its a start.

I found a new ScubaPro Jet fin yesterday, then found the owner today but he was not in the water if thats what you are thinking. Called around to the local dive shops and he had let them know he lost them.
55 fsw at night, was pure chance.

found a fishing pole and reel and bait still on it at Rainbow River. It was a fresh found. Very nice berkeley rod, abu garcia reel :)

My friend found a $50 note (Aussie money - made of plastic) attached to a sea urchin...

I think the sea urchin is much happier without the $50, my friend sure is happier with it...

You name it!...Weightbelts, weights, masks, fins, snorkels, SMB with reels, game bags, sunglasses, money, necklaces, fishing rods, bottles of booze after hurricanes, and a couple sunk boats. :D

best find was a soaked MP3 player, didnt work but was still cool. Lots of rod and reels, lures, and for some reason I am good at finding lawn chairs. Actually my best find was my 2.5 inch meg last year in FL.

A few years ago I lost my dive computer at the start of a dive in Catalina. A week later I followed the anchor line down at the same site (after diving all over the south side of the Island,) and found it right by the anchor. It took it about a month to calm down and stop flashing "ascend slower"!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom