Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GBR2_zps14b35d80.jpg

Koh Rinn Island Thailand - not my personal pic ( camera froze part way threw trip ) but I paid the Divemaster/instructor to take pics for me
these were littered all over the reef - The navy uses the area sometimes for fire drills ( or so I'm told ) I'm guessing that's a "blank" artillery shell

left where found, the captain frowns upon bringing them back to the boat LOL

Attachments

• Diving Koh Rin Bay with Andy [www.underwaterclicks] Mar 2015 (45).jpg
    Diving Koh Rin Bay with Andy [www.underwaterclicks] Mar 2015 (45).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 603
That's a fuse... It screws in to the shell..

Jim....

On my first open water dive while getting certified, I found a fin and a box cutter! It felt cool, finding what I certainly consider to be treasure on my very first time out!

I finally got out for a dive last weekend after a brutal winter. Got up a nice clay pipe, a Vegetine bottle (1870s-1900) a blood cleanser otherwise known as a snake oil. 20150503_124455.jpg
Also a nice intact plate with crossed anchors, and a small milk.
Here are some pix of the other finds by the other 3 divers.
20150503_124522.jpg20150503_124536.jpg20150503_124442.jpg

Happy dives everyone,
P1050777.jpg
ZDD

Found a watch in 50' of water in Cozumel last week. Flying along in the current, and spot something blue amongst the growth on the bottom, pluck it as I fly by, and low and behold.... it works, and is set to the current time!

Algae was growing on the band, so it must have been there for days.

IMG_2441_zpsfgwzesj9.jpg

A few weeks ago I saw a brass boltsnap sticking out of the sand and was surprised to find it attached to a 4 lb lead weight. I carried it to the DM, who hurriedly buried it back exactly where I found it.

Two guys on the boat were doing a search & recovery class that day... DOH!

1928 bottle of whiskey. Pulled from the Detroit river yesterday.
4aa4f7bc40d6a36b2b8829de70950964.jpg

Back
Top Bottom