this new hobby is addictive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maggs_the

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
and expensive! and occasionally a little unnerving. ok, i just admitted i'm not the bravest gal out there, but at 35ft in murky water with no top, no bottom, no front and no back when everyone else has left the quarry and there's not even a fish to be found.. me & my buddy were just a little spooked.. altho, she'll NEVER admit it! :eyebrow: but we held out and kept our cool and even tho i'm only one-month certified, we navigated our way thru the total nothingness to the underwater forest at Martha's Quarry in Lebanon, Tennessee. Ok, so it wasn't a HUGE accomplishment, but it felt good for me :dazzler1:

it is an amazingly huge accomplishment! diving in low viz is hard for any diver,
much less for a one-month old diver.

you done good! were you supposed to stay close to another buddy team(s) or
was it just you and your buddy doing the dive?

oh, and welcome to the board :wink:

Glad to have ya!! I've been in a couple of low vis situations myself, and they can be slightly unnerving. It sounds like you did a great job. This board is a great place to learn all about the sport. Best of luck.

H2Andy:
it is an amazingly huge accomplishment! diving in low viz is hard for any diver,
much less for a one-month old diver.

you done good! were you supposed to stay close to another buddy team(s) or
was it just you and your buddy doing the dive?

oh, and welcome to the board :wink:
it was just me & my buddy. we planned on three dives and that was the third dive of the day. the only other people at the quarry were students getting certified. they only did two dives, so as we went in for our third, they were packing up to go home for the day. she got certified last year, but this was only her 13-15th dives and all have been in a quarry with a dive instructor close by. the only thing that really kept me steady was that we both had just filled our tanks and we were only at 35ft so i knew i could get up there if i had to. and, it was a confined and fairly small quarry so no chance of getting lost. just, not being able to see much.. yikes.. but we took our Night and Lim Vis class 2 weeks ago and get our Nitrox and then Navigation classes out of the way this month. we'll go to Heber Springs, Ark for our check out dives. i guess she wanted to push the envelope a bit to see what the fuss about Lim Vis was all about. let me tell you, we both came out of there with a new appreciation for why new divers should PRACTICE.

Sounds to me like the two of you handled evrything just fine!
Welcome to the board!

Joe

excellent! very well done

Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay!!!

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you and your buddy handled the situation well. Good luck to you going forward.

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom