This one little addition has really multiplied the fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP is absolutely correctomundo on this one, too! Clip your camera to you somehow - there are quite a few options. IMHO your camera should always be attached to you while you are in the water.

It always amazes me how many people each year lose their rigs because they let go or simply "forgot" they had it with them :11:

I have a Olympus C-765 and Oly housing and I love it. The whole rig is probably around $500-600 and I can clip it to my BC when I don't want to take pictures. It is small enough that it doesn't really get in the way. Takes great pictures too.

Uncle Pug:
I would suggest not putting the camera in your BC pocket... that is a sure fire way to lose it. Clipping it off is the way to go.

Costco rainbow Zip tie or cave line? Just wondering...

Actually, no I'm not.

:11ztongue

---
Ken

Ungle Pug- Agree with you 100% although it was video that so enhanced my diving. It gave new purpose and allows me to dive even a single site hundreds (thousands?) of times without getting bored- always something new to see and record whether it be a new species, or a new behavior in a common one.

And the ability to share the experience with my diving and non-diving friends is a joy as well. My housemate Iris is afraid to dive due to claustrophia, but she absolutely loves watching the video from my dives.

Glad you were able to make this fine little discovery!

I've thought about video Bill, but I don't think I could get folks to sit still around here long enough to watch it. With the still shots plastered all over the walls and on the computer screen they can't avoid 'em. :D

I am going to shoot some *video* with my Optio next dive though and see if it is of interest. I plan to get some video of Moonie toxing on high PO2 as well. :D

Uncle Pug:
Ziptie of course. :D

Black with a sewn in D-Ring: ZipTechTie! :eyebrow:

I'm sooo bored here at work.... can ya tell...

But in all seriousness, photographs make the dive. I usually dive with another photog. We hang out over a single coral head for 20 minutes at a time. Meanwhile dive groups motor on by...

divetahoe:
Black with a sewn in D-Ring: ZipTechTie! :eyebrow:

I'm sooo bored here at work.... can ya tell...

Don't forget the low profile lock mechanism to reduce the entanglement hazard! :D

Back
Top Bottom