Thoughts on diving with Scuba Du........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Mack

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are going to Cozumel again in August. I am considering diving with Scuba Du since we are going to stay at the Presidente. The convenience of the onsite facility makes it very attractive. If ya'll have any feedback on this dive operator I would really appreciate it.

Dove 2 days with Scuba du back in February. We stayed at Hotel B in the north hotel zone. Scuba Du has a shop there and picked us up/dropped us off at the Hotel B pier so it was very convenient. Overall decent experience with them. Had a private DM Jose Luis and he was good. They picked us up on time every day and they followed their published (on their web site) dive schedule which you may or may not care for. Rental equipment was OK, not great.

Other dive ops pick up at the Presidente. The one possible issue is taking care of paperwork, etc.

If you can afford to stay at the Presidente, afford yourself one of the boutique dive ops that store gear, have fast small boats, use larger tanks, and will pick you up at the Presidente dock. That's my opinion.

(When I tried Scuba Du once during my one and only stay at the Presidente back in 2000, dive briefing was "25 min at 80 feet, second dive 40 min at 40 feet" or something like that, complete cattleboat experience; I understand things have changed since then and they're more competitive with the cattle-free dive ops, but please keep your mind open to the many dive ops that will also pick you up at the Presidente dock and may offer attractive alternative services and even pricing compared to the on-site op.)

Give them a try, you won't be sorry. The great thing about ScubaBoard, with a little research you can find the answers to your questions. Any Op can have a bad day, it's what you make of it.

They were pretty conservative when I dove with them March 2012. I prefer the small fast boats. If you want to try some diving in the north end try Pepe's or go with one of the well reviewed ops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom