Thoughts on the Big Blue AL 1300 NP as a tech backup light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gerhardw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My LCD sells Big Blue lights and considering the Big Blue AL 1300 NP, looking for review on it

My LCD sells Big Blue lights and considering the Big Blue AL 1300 NP, looking for review on it

I have been using it without any issues. Good bright light with great power in a small size.

I've been using this same model for years. It started as an AL 1000 NP I believe, and they are now able to deliver 1300 lumens out of the same package, thus the AL 1300 NP name for the current model. Fantastic light. I own two (1000 and 1200 lumen models), use one on every dive, and have never had a failure. I no longer tech dive, but I would think it would make a fine backup.

I don't have one, but know a few folks who do and they love them. Look, if you're okay with a manufacturer that overstates performance metrics - you won't get the stated lumen output for long - it ain't a bad choice.

Back
Top Bottom