threads closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

faster7581

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Why is almost every other thread closed in this section? I have all SP gear and love it,but it seems in this forum, when ever someone asks a question about gear warrenty or some other issue, it gets closed o noone can discuss it further..:idk:

It would seem from the looks of things that the manufacturer has descided the the questions violate the TOS for their section & do not want to discuss the matter further, other than the policies that they have printed on some of the other threads. I realize there are many SP users who want answers, but I would say it will not happen. Probably best just to let it go.

Gives me great motivation to not buy their gear.

C'mon Tammy, really just let it go? It seems that everyone is asking valid questions that most any other mfg on this board with a VERY FEW exceptions will answer. You are one of the most helpful posters here. I never see you just let it go when someone asks a question. You do your best to answer clearly and with thoughtful consideration. And I've seen you also say you don't know but then go find out. They should follow your example in that way. Not shut everyone down.

Let it go or get it shut down,... take your pick. I don't disagree with you about the questions being legit, but it seems obvious the company does not want to discuss it & clear the air.

Your post in another thread pretty well summed it up. They are between a rock & a hard place & dealing with it seems to be an issue.

Ok looks like my pun intended thread scubapro sucks has vanished with no pm on why?

Now I am a sleuth diver and on that page of my thread was information from 12 years ago that was just astounding that SP really has not changed and it also summed up scubapro harry's past post o PFLP.

Heck I put a post in the SP section here asking to clarify what a grace period was and it was pulled down saying I was antagonizing the manufacturer. *Shakes head* Seems you can't discuss much these days.

Why is almost every other thread closed in this section? I have all SP gear and love it,but it seems in this forum, when ever someone asks a question about gear warrenty or some other issue, it gets closed o noone can discuss it further..:idk:

Threads are closed because the questions were answered. What other discussion is necessary?

I understand that everyone wants to "challenge" SCUBAPRO... But it's just not going to happen. That is not the intent of the Q&A Forums.

The rules for Q&A Forums are posted -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/q-scuba-manufacturers/247154-special-rules-q-forums.html

The rules allow the companies to close threads if they choose. SCUBAPRO answered the questions, then closed the thread. Asking WHY do you have this policy is not a valid question for our Q&A Forums, unless the company wants to have debate.

The questions don't violate the TOS, but there is no further discussion required, and it's well within their rights to close the threads. We allow ALL MANUFACTURERS to moderate their forums as they see fit. WE (ScubaBoard) also moderate the forums for appropriateness and TOS. Included in the TOS are the special rules for any forum that you may be in.

SCUBAPRO is a worldwide company, and their participation here is to support products, not to be harassed or to have a bunch of whiny people complain about their parts for life being no good because they voided their warranty.

This thread is now in the FEEDBACK forum, as it's not a question for SCUBAPRO.

[h=1]"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"?[/h]

Reactions: Jax
Ok looks like my pun intended thread scubapro sucks has vanished with no pm on why?

Now I am a sleuth diver and on that page of my thread was information from 12 years ago that was just astounding that SP really has not changed and it also summed up scubapro harry's past post o PFLP.

Your thread was removed by a moderator because you have enough deep air trolling threads. Nothing to do with your pun. Sorry you didn't get a PM from that Moderator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom