three divers rescued in the St Lawrence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can not speak on behalf of Michael.. However Blair and Chris where both very compentant technical divers ( Full trimix, Cave and rebreahter divers )not ones who would panic... Have done that dive many many times. I have dove a few times with both of these divers and would put my life in there hands any day..

Chris and Blair where released with out treatment.. the concern was there due to the accelerated accent however no treatment was required.

I can not speak on behalf of Michael.. However Blair and Chris where both very compentant technical divers ( Full trimix, Cave and rebreahter divers )not ones who would panic... Have done that dive many many times. I have dove a few times with both of these divers and would put my life in there hands any day..

Chris and Blair where released with out treatment.. the concern was there due to the accelerated accent however no treatment was required.

Thank God! Our condolences to you all for your loss.

I will echo Michael"s comments. I've known Blair and Chris for several years and while I don't dive with them, we move in the same circle. Both would have been on rebreathers and and I understand the deceased gentleman (who I don't know) might be a rebreather dealer... although I only heard that third hand.

The Jodrey is a kick-a$$ dive and has unlimited ways to hurt you...

Hey its all good, when stuff like this happens.. we all know tons of information gets tossed around and sometimes misconstrued.

But as of now, Blair had gone to the hospital due to a rapid accent in the rescue.. Chris had completed his minimal deco obligations to surface faster.. Blair has been cleared at the hospital and Chris has picked him up and are heading home to there loving wifes!

Condolences for Mike's family, it was a tragic loss!

It sounds like whatever happened must have happened very early in the dive. Anything more than a few minutes on this wreck and you would be into more than "minimal" deco... That's probably a blessing considering the location.

Thank you Michael and Chantal. Ditto on Blair and Chris' training, experience and equipment. Blair was just on my Tobermory charter on the long weekend. Glad that Blair and Chris are ok. My condolences to Mike's family and friends.

What is going on around Ontario this year??!

Back
Top Bottom