Thunder Bay diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cat

Contributor
Reaction score
There's a distinct possibility that I may be ditching my "honourary" freak status for the real thing sometime this spring - possible 1-year position in T-Bay. Now the important thing to consider when considering a new job is, of course, whether there's diving nearby:D What is there in and around T-Bay for a novice (all very cold and fresh so far, which is handy) diver? The "graveyard" alas, is 'way out of my depth.
Where can I get gas fills and equipment serviced there? Anyone do nitrox training? How many of you Freaks dive in the area? And...do they play Jello Twister in Thunder Bay? :armed:
(I have to pre-hijack this thread)

C'mon Cat.... Summer in T-bay is great......both weekends of it!

(No they do not play Jello -Twister in T-Bay..... It gums up the polar bear's fur...)

G'luk and have fun!

Ontario Diver once bubbled...
C'mon Cat.... Summer in T-bay is great......both weekends of it!

(No they do not play Jello -Twister in T-Bay..... It gums up the polar bear's fur...)

G'luk and have fun!

2 weekends???...I thought they only had 1 long one :D :wink:

best part about thunder bay???

it's MUCH closer to kingston! :wink:

Cat, will you come back down for our weekend? I promise to have lots of jello and a great big twister game going. :)

Well, unless something happens to stop it, I'll be moving to T-Bay at the start of next month. Thanks to pufferfish for the only straight answer I got in this thread :D and especially for providing the link (by PM) to the mosquito magnet
(Poor Thunder Bay, no-one loves ya and you've got the "southerners" all scared - which is bad 'cause that means no-one will come and dive with me!)

Bubble Boy: Yes, I've been a bad girl and "they" are punishing me. You figured it out.
Ontario Diver: it's not *that* close to Churchill, Man.
Butch103: 1 long summer weekend is all I need - I got a bit too warm diving at Toby last October :D
canuckdiver: yes - one day's drive as opposed to two and a half
cobaltbabe: i'll try to make it - when *is* the Freak get-together anyways? I must have missed the final decision on that (if there is one yet)

Just to reassure you guys about my survival in the deep dark wilderness that is Thunder Bay - I'll make lots of pemmican before I leave Alberta and, since I do aquatic invertebrate work (among other things), rest assured that the bugs have more to fear from *me* than I do from them (West Nile excepted). I know where they live and I'm coming after them with a D-net... :devious:

Sorry I couldn't offer any advice or guidance for facilities near your new home, but I didn't have any to give you.

However, let me welcome you at really becoming a OFWF. If you're ever down near this neck of the woods, be sure I get you out diving!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom