Thur 1st Feb weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick:
Here I was all whiny about not doing better...Then I read it took you, Jenny, a year. I want to be at a year later and be able to say that. SEE THAT IS THE PART I HAVE THE MOST PROBLEM WITH. I want results now.......Dammit!!! NOW!!!!!. Ok rant over. but I don't understand how a person can eat 1500 (or less) cal a day. Work out 5-6 days a week that says you burn off 500 calories , and NOT LOSE WEIGHT...OK wasn't quite done with the rant......

Cheddar.... I hear ya, girl!

Well, let's see... I worked out HARD yesterday... tried to burn off a 0.6 lb gain and the results..... drum role.... down 0.1 lbs. I wish it would have been at least a 1 lb loss, but I'll take what I can get. I believe Almity and I are sharing a plateau!:wink:

For this challenge:
Start weight- 278.4
Todays weight- 278.3
Challenge weight loss- down 0.1 lbs

At least it's a loss. :blinking:

CheddarChick:
Here I was all whiny about not doing better...Then I read it took you, Jenny, a year. I want to be at a year later and be able to say that. SEE THAT IS THE PART I HAVE THE MOST PROBLEM WITH. I want results now.......Dammit!!! NOW!!!!!. Ok rant over. but I don't understand how a person can eat 1500 (or less) cal a day. Work out 5-6 days a week that says you burn off 500 calories , and NOT LOSE WEIGHT...OK wasn't quite done with the rant......

Cheddar, this might be the issue, and please take into consideration that i am not a nutritional expert but this is coming from my own experience in the past year. How and when you eat is really important. For myself, I do lots of little meals every couple of hours starting with a breakfast high in proteins. Others like Almity don't do that. If you skip meals, your body thinks it's starving and will actually slow down your metabolism. The trick to losing weight is to eat healthy and get your metabolism working for you, and working all the time! Lean muscle will also burn more calories, and eating small healthy meals 5-6 times a day will keep the metabolism working more often. Get rid of processed sugars, and most foods if you can, and concentrate on fresh foods, and ones you make yourself. Here is an article by Paul Chek on processed foods - http://www.chekinstitute.com/articles.cfm?select=42.

Keep it up, things will get better, What you have to remember is that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. You are making changes that will affect you positively for the rest of your life, a longer life!

As for me, I'm still sitting at 219 and need to get back to the gym soon. My popped rib is still really bugging me. But I did take my favourite overcoat in to get adjusted. They had to take the sleeves off and do a bunch of work. The reason is that I went from a 46Tall to a 42Tall :D

153 lb and it is going down! I'm trying this silly Special K diet and by far, I don't seem to have a problem with it. Gonna try and slim down to 145 lbs.

211.6 this morning.... with the weight lifting program i'm doing i have a tendency to fluctuate up and down a bit, with muscle weighing alot more than fat. I'm trying to get it down to 205.

Cheddar, fear not! We all have been frustrated with the weight loss. For me, I made the conscious decision to lose weight. Not just thought about it and wished I could do it, I decided I would do it, similar like making the decision to go back to college. Once I made that decision, I looked for a teacher. Somebody that's been there, done that. I am not a fan of organized weight loss plans, cause it's not teaching me to eat right, it's teaching me to eat their food.
So, I found a teacher, liked what they said, and set a date. Something to look forward to with anticipation of getting back what I once had. My goal was 30 lbs. I started by giving up coffee. Sugar is my trigger, and I put sugar in my coffee, so I was setting my self up for diaster first thing in the morning. Then March 1 rolled around and I stared a radical approach to weight loss...

Know, though, I try to refrain from processed foods. Eat what God made the way God made it. Potatoes are fine, french fries are not.

If you want to to know more, PM me, as I do not want to hijack the thread.

CheddarChick:

Hey cheddarchick, I would suggest focusing less on your caloric intake, and more on what exactly your eating. I guarantee you if you cut out sugars and white flour you will see change. That means no bread (try one serving of whole-grain per day at the most) and maybe one serving of fruit a day, the lower-sugar kind, preferably (no orange juice, that stuff will kill you). Eat foods with as much fiber as possible. Also avoid vegetables like carrots (they have high sugar content) and tomatoes (okay tomatoes are fruit). Obviously starchy stuff like potatoes are no-no's.

DawgDiver:
Hey cheddarchick, I would suggest focusing less on your caloric intake, and more on what exactly your eating. I guarantee you if you cut out sugars and white flour you will see change. That means no bread (try one serving of whole-grain per day at the most) and maybe one serving of fruit a day, the lower-sugar kind, preferably (no orange juice, that stuff will kill you). Eat foods with as much fiber as possible. Also avoid vegetables like carrots (they have high sugar content) and tomatoes (okay tomatoes are fruit). Obviously starchy stuff like potatoes are no-no's.

Awww, Dawg... you're bursting my bubble, man! I love bread (but I'm eating whole grain wheat, when I eat it now), and fruits, carrots, tomatoes, and potatoes! LOL But, I have to say... it's all in moderation now.... even the "good" foods. :wink:

Sorry for the hijack! :wink: I couldn't resist! (See, I've given up my food addiction and replaced it with hijacking threads! LOL) :rofl3:

hahahaha - i know what you mean ER!

well last night i spent at the dive shop (hubby trydiving more rebreathers) and we got a few comments about our weightloss..... just the thing you need to help keep me focused!

erparamedic:
Awww, Dawg... you're bursting my bubble, man! I love bread (but I'm eating whole grain wheat, when I eat it now), and fruits, carrots, tomatoes, and potatoes! LOL But, I have to say... it's all in moderation now.... even the "good" foods. :wink:

Sorry for the hijack! :wink: I couldn't resist! (See, I've given up my food addiction and replaced it with hijacking threads! LOL) :rofl3:

Hey nobody said it was easy:D

trust me, being from Georgia, giving up sweet tea was one of the hardest things of my life. :rofl3:

Understand, my typical diet is:
Coffee with equal and french Vanilla coffeemate (yup I know...But I record every ounce and account for it) Just not giving it up
Raisan bran crunch with no fat milk
Mid morning snack, fruit, grapes, apples, nanners
Lunch: subway chicken breast sand with lettuce, tomato, pickles, only vinegar, and diet coke.
Midafternoon snack: sweet tooth kicks in and I NEED my tootsie roll sucker
Dinner: I usually make fresh soup or grilled chicken breast and veggies, & maybe brown rice. Might have a dinner roll to go with it, if I don't eat rice
Late snack: Diet Hot cocoa with 2 mashmallows, or fruit. When I splurge I have cooked fat free sugar free chocolate pudding made with fat free milk.

Tons of water
Measure, account for, and work out 5-6 days a week...

Back
Top Bottom