Thur 1st Feb weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okie-dokie...

I was in a customer's home yesterday who sees me periodically, and knows about my "life style change". While there, both husband and wife said at the same time, "You need new pants. Those are too big on you". After thanking them profusely, I looked in a full length mirror last night.

Today, I wore the my first pair of size 36 regular fit blue jeans in 10 years. I purchased size 38 relaxed fit on December 26th and they were just a smidge tight. Those were the pants I wore yesterday... lol (I have had stretch slacks 36-38 that would stretch to 40 if needed with the elastic, but not jeans... and not regular fit)
===
So, even without weight loss this week, my body is still making adjustments for the better! (Can I interest anyone in some fairly new size 38 jeans?)

hahahahaahahahahahh - must be the week for people noticing and compliments!

good for you CoolT!!!! I hope you then broke out in song for them.... :D *to dream... the impossible dream

To Dream the impossible dream.......Just follow CoolTech.....

almitywife:
hahahahaahahahahahh - must be the week for people noticing and compliments!

good for you CoolT!!!! I hope you then broke out in song for them.... :D *to dream... the impossible dream
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
To dream... the real probable dream!

I did receive a PM... not from a "nut job", which said I should think about getting rid of the grey in my beard to go with the new lifestyle... hmmm... And I always thought women went for a little grey (not too much... lol)

TY erparamedic... and yes, Go Colts!

CoolTech:

I did receive a PM... not from a "nut job", that said, I should think about getting rid of the grey in my beard to go with the new lifestyle... hmmm... And I always thought women went for a little grey (not too much... lol)

my hubby has grey happening and i think its attractive... i personally dont go for a guy trying too hard to deny nature

HELLO - exhibit A: GEORGE CLOONEY!!!! whats not HOT about his guy with grey hair!
George%20Clooney%20-1-300.jpg

hahahahahah on getting the pm! told you it will happen!

A few suggestions, if i may...

CheddarChick:
Understand, my typical diet is:
Coffee with equal and french Vanilla coffeemate (yup I know...But I record every ounce and account for it)

Well do I have GOOD news for you! Coffeemate now makes a SUGARLESS creamer, and I promise you it tastes every bit as good as the sugar'd stuff. Trust me, I can't have my coffee without my coffeemate, and it's good stuff.

Also, make sure you don't drink TOO much coffee, caffeine increases your cravings, and you will eat more throughout the day if you are constantly taking in caffeine.

Raisan bran crunch with no fat milk
Mid morning snack, fruit, grapes, apples, nanners

While bananas have their use, they aren't very helpful when you are trying to lose weight. They have one of the HIGHEST sugar contents of all fruits. Cut it out if you can.

Lunch: subway chicken breast sand with lettuce, tomato, pickles, only vinegar, and diet coke.
This is ok, but the only problem is that none of the bread subway has is whole grain. It's ok once in awhile, but try to stick to a salad at lunch if possible.

Midafternoon snack: sweet tooth kicks in and I NEED my tootsie roll sucker

Well I'm sure you already know it's not good for you, but you should really try to substitute nuts. Preferably unsalted cashews, or pistachios. They are not too bad for you, and they fill you up.

Dinner: I usually make fresh soup or grilled chicken breast and veggies, & maybe brown rice. Might have a dinner roll to go with it, if I don't eat rice

Good call with the brown rice... but stay away from dinner rolls. That white flour is a diet-buster. Not to mention since it's coming at the end of the day it gets to fully absorb in your system. Try to buy whole grain bread, the higher fiber the better.

Late snack: Diet Hot cocoa with 2 mashmallows, or fruit. When I splurge I have cooked fat free sugar free chocolate pudding made with fat free milk.

I would avoid fruit in the evening. The reason behind that logic, is that the sugar increases your insulin level which in turn causes your body to store more fat. This is magnified at the end of the day because you are no longer burning calories as you would during the day. I know that the idea that fruit is great for you has been hammered into everyone's minds for years, but too much is not good for you. Try to keep it to one serving a day.
Tons of water
Measure, account for, and work out 5-6 days a week...

Good job, water is key to any diet.

Most imporantly: Don't get frustrated! One thing that a lot of people get hung up on is that they want to see their weight come off quicker. You have to remind yourself sometimes that all that weight didn't get on your waist overnight, it took a long time. Consequently it doesn't come off overnight either. But hard work and dedication will pay off in the long run! Stick with it, and don't get down on yourself. keep records of your progress and look over it every once in awhile, it'll keep you going!

I'm at 183.6 lbs, still not bad and I do tend to go up and down a lb or 2 throughout the day. Chances are I could be a lb less tomorrow, but the real news is that I had to move my belt in one notch so regardless of what the scales say my waist is smaller. Currently I use a 34x32 pant and a 33x32 would be about perfect. When I started the diet a bit ago the 34 was snug. It's only been a couple weeks but things are getting better.

In regards to the diet DawgDiver mentioned, he's completely correct in that what he says to eat is good for you and the things he says aren't are indeed not the best for you.

However, I do not believe for a second that by eating them that it will hinder my weight loss. I'm completely sure that I'd be a healthier person if I could eat the right foods only, but I'm human and there's only so much I can control.

I will say this much, I know for 100% that the right foods do help you control things. Blood pressure can be reduced by following the Dash Diet, mine dropped 20 points on it and it basically makes you eat the foods listed above and you get lots of DARK green vegetables, plus other brightly colored ones. Meat is limited to smaller portions as well. You even eat more on the diet than you might eat otherwise, I tended to be stuffed after eating, but I lost weight on it and my blood pressure dropped a lot.

So yes the proper foods are great, but life's not fun without some sort of splurge once in a while. Yesterday I had ribeye steak covered with mushrooms soaked in butter, and a potato to top it off. It was great, but it's part of the I eat proper all week and this is the one day I'm allowed to blow it all. I find 1 day a week that's planned on eating all those things you deny yourself to be a great relief.

Today for dinner I had chicken, asparagus, spinach salad, carrots, homemade white bread and a couple peanut butter cups for desert. (More than I should have in regards to the candy.) Breakfast and lunch were a bowl of high fiber cereal, I need the fiber for my colon. I also ate too much bread at dinner, 4 slices but I love homemade bread. It's another weakness. I'll do better tomorrow.

All told I've lost about 5 lbs give or take, 175 is my weight goal and I'm about 8 lbs away.

One thing I've taken away from the Dash diet of a couple years back is that I almost never eat white bread or rice, wheat is something I've acquired the taste of and I tend to eat more vegetables now.

CoolTech:

I did receive a PM... not from a "nut job", which said I should think about getting rid of the grey in my beard to go with the new lifestyle... hmmm... And I always thought women went for a little grey (not too much... lol)

TY erparamedic... and yes, Go Colts!

CT,

I've been told that the grey I have is to be left alone!

Touch of Gray on guy=ummmmmmm
Touch of Grey on girl=Loreal with gold and red highlights.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom