Thur 8th Feb weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can't give up! Look to the losers for inspiration! They all have their own personal hurdles to jump through get to this point, yet somehow have managed to go through the motions. Just keep doing it. Just keep doing it!

And Bob, No Bad Bob here, think positive! It's Ok to have a little extra here in there, as long as you are willing to put in the additional work (out) to compensate.

I've been plateaued since late last year and had a slight gain this week to 221. My first time over 220 in a long time. So I've decided to kick it back into gear by shaking up my mediocre fitness routine. I ran yesterday, will run tomorrow, and starting next week, it will be running M-W-F and weights on T-T with the weekend off. My body is cringing already, lol! We need to keep moving forward. My clothes are all the same, so I know I'm not bigger. Don't worry all, it will change.

CT, great news!

I had a great week. I lost 3.5 lbs. I can't believe it!! That's 5 lbs for this challenge.

209 this morning.... down 2.6 from last week. I'd like to hit 206 next week. I'm gonna be a little more scrutinous of my diet, gonna try eating mainly greens and protein for a week.

OK... a little worried here ladies... I think through the challenge, we have all merged into the same cycle! That sooooo wierds me out,too! :11:

Anyway, despite the cycle, I have stayed the same. Yesterday, well, I was up 3 lbs... I hate the cycle! But, today, I am the same as I was last week. Plateau city, here I am! :(

I have been eating a LOT better. Been walking as much as I can. Back has been in major spasms the past couple of days, which makes walking too painful. I was supposed to have water therapy yesterday, but back spasm made that impossible. Today, woke up with stomach flu...hmmm.... maybe I can lose some weight that way?? :eyebrow:

Hopefully, next week will be better....

SoCalAngel:
OK... a little worried here ladies... I think through the challenge, we have all merged into the same cycle! That sooooo wierds me out,too! :11:

Anyway, despite the cycle, I have stayed the same. Yesterday, well, I was up 3 lbs... I hate the cycle! But, today, I am the same as I was last week. Plateau city, here I am! :(

I have been eating a LOT better. Been walking as much as I can. Back has been in major spasms the past couple of days, which makes walking too painful. I was supposed to have water therapy yesterday, but back spasm made that impossible. Today, woke up with stomach flu...hmmm.... maybe I can lose some weight that way?? :eyebrow:

Hopefully, next week will be better....

Angel... Welcome to Plateau City from the other plateau dwellers (Me, Cheddar, CBulla...etc, etc.)! :rofl3: So nice to know that we aren't the only ones! At least it's good company. Seems like there's been a population influx on the plateau lately! Hmmmm.... wonder when we'll be movin' outta here.:rofl3:

As far as the cycles... not yet for me... but I'm thinkin' soon! :14: (Sorry guys... but it really is an "issue" for us women!) I'm hoping that I can just hold steady for now, and have a nice drop in the weight afterwards.

erparamedic:
As far as the cycles... not yet for me... but I'm thinkin' soon! :14: (Sorry guys... but it really is an "issue" for us women!) I'm hoping that I can just hold steady for now, and have a nice drop in the weight afterwards.

There was a thread about that not too long ago, and some very specific answers were given, I think we sort of freaked out some of the guys, (not sure why they were in that thread anyway) or at least they got a better understanding of the big picture.

Usually Plateu's require some sort of plateau buster. If you're still sticking with your diet and exercising and you're not seeing any change, you should try a jumpstart in your diet. It depends on what kind of diet you are doing, but a week long program of eating nothing but lean meat and green vegetables might do it.

LindaBluedolphin:
There was a thread about that not too long ago, and some very specific answers were given, I think we sort of freaked out some of the guys, (not sure why they were in that thread anyway) or at least they got a better understanding of the big picture.

It really does make our journey a tougher one. When you have cycles, you go thru weight fluctuations, and when you're "past" the cycles (once one has "paused" LOL)... you have weight fluctuations. There really is NO win-win here!:shakehead

Well... I'm off to work.

LindaBluedolphin:

The men like to hang out in the women's area, hoping they'll learn something. Too bad they rarely do... They deserve to get freaked out... certainly serves them right, lurking in the women's room! :rofl3: :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom