Thursday 10th August, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy Birthday!

186.8lb today, slightly more than the end of last week, due to:

Party on Saturday, a few beers and a lot of yummy kebabs sticks, and we also stayed at a hotel - so it was rude not to eat some of the included breakfast!

Well since Monday, I've been doing 60mins on the cross trainer, on Monday was the first time I had done that much in one go - oh boy was it tough! but today Thursday I'm actually enjoying it!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back down again :)

[edit] - oh yeah I got some weights out and did some work out, I have 20lbs on at the moment, and then relised thats how much I've lost -thats quite a lot I thought!- where did I store it?

wow - so much happened while i was off sleeping!!

excellent to all of you!!! even the ones that say they are up as your week still included exercise and attitude so keep at it and dont give up!

Fairy, i know what you mean... yesterday was lobster lunch with some fried chips and butter and after 12 weeks of being very good i had a power slump on the way home and nearly fell asleep in the car, could hardly keep my eyes open! good thing i wasnt driving

to counter the lunch yesterday i went for my walk and discovered a new hill to tackle on the way home - so THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE... everyone has to find a new hill/take the stairs instead of elevator at least once this week! (El HAS to get to yoga class this week!)

trickester, you are so right about where did we store all that weight! i can barely lift 60lb weightbelt and i use to walk around with it 24/7!

so woohooo to us all!! we are all doing a great job so DONT GIVE UP!!!

colby:
....Almity and yourself are losing what I lose in a month in a week!...
I think in part its a function of % of total weight, as I get closer to my goal (which is about where you are now) I expect loss to become less. Also this week for me was a bit unique, as I stated in an earlier post, due to being in northern China and my schedule.

colby:
I'm getting a fitness assessment done tomorrow morning, so I will have some news then.
Good luck, hope for good news from you later.

Drew

Happy Birthday Almity! Lookin' good and younger!

After a couple of weeks of nothing I am proud to say that I am down 3 lbs. and have passed the 200 mark! It was such a great feeling to see the scale needle stop before it hit 200. It's been three years since the last time I saw it do that.

I love reading about everyone's progress. You guys are a great inspiration with the weight you've lost and your positive attitudes. I, too, want to be a safer and stronger diver. I was a little disappointed with myself this week because I didn't keep up with my exercise routine. It's definitely hard when you’re a single mom, work full time and go to school part time. I am currently working on my Master's degree. Luckily I only have one kid and he's 13 so he doesn't need constant attention. Well, enough of my whining and excuses. I'm setting the alarm for 5am and putting it on a shelf across the room so I can't push the snooze button.

Almity, I have been forcing myself to take the stairs at work everyday. It’s only on the 3rd floor but every little bit helps.

198 lbs and counting down! :monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan

Deana :D

I did have a very good weight session today in the gym. I hadn't used weights in over a week because last week I hurt my shoulder. In fact, last week I didn't exercise at all because I was in so much pain. But this week is much better.
Tommorrow, I will go up the stairs at work Almity. You give me such inspiration

fairybasslet:
...I hit the cookies one night. I really don't think my body can handle that much sugar any more. sooo, onward and downward. :D
Great attitude fairybasslet!

Not to sound like your mother, but the easiest way not to eat cookies is not to have them in the house. I'm not a huge Oprah/Dr. Phil fan, but I recently read his book "The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom"; the diet and exercise sections are nothing out of the ordinary, but he has good tips for the mental side of weight control and how manage the food you keep in your house. You should try to find this book, its a pretty good read.

Good luck on the way down!

Drew

happybuddha:
Great attitude fairybasslet!

Not to sound like your mother, but the easiest way not to eat cookies is not to have them in the house. I'm not a huge Oprah/Dr. Phil fan, but I recently read his book "The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom"; the diet and exercise sections are nothing out of the ordinary, but he has good tips for the mental side of weight control and how manage the food you keep in your house. You should try to find this book, its a pretty good read.

Good luck on the way down!

Drew

I agree Drew, but I do have a teenage boy who needs his junk food. :lol: And he is just like my late husband was, SKINNY!! Usually I can resist the junk but I was feeling lonely.

fairybasslet:
I agree Drew, but I do have a teenage boy who needs his junk food. :lol: And he is just like my late husband was, SKINNY!! Usually I can resist the junk but I was feeling lonely.
I have found that if I resist the cravings it gets so bad that I finally binge. So such as this week, I did give in to cravings. I know the reason I had them (hormonal). So I delt with it and went on. I had 2 cookies with milk. Not a binge by any means, but did take care of the craving, I was happy and moved on. No more fighting. I didn't sit down and eat a half bag of oreos. Then today I had a couple graham crackers with icing, no big sin, and had veggie soup for dinner. To me, it is the law of averages through the day. Eat better, healthy and keep the junk to a minimum. Of course my advice might not be worth much, as I have been fighting a plateau for a couple months! :)

Scuba_Jenny:
I have found that if I resist the cravings it gets so bad that I finally binge. So such as this week, I did give in to cravings. I know the reason I had them (hormonal). So I delt with it and went on. I had 2 cookies with milk. Not a binge by any means, but did take care of the craving, I was happy and moved on. No more fighting. I didn't sit down and eat a half bag of oreos. Then today I had a couple graham crackers with icing, no big sin, and had veggie soup for dinner. To me, it is the law of averages through the day. Eat better, healthy and keep the junk to a minimum. Of course my advice might not be worth much, as I have been fighting a plateau for a couple months! :)

I think this is very good advice. Since I also have a teenager with plenty of snacks in the house, I try to have some snacks of my own. Sugar-free fudgecicles and sugar-free cocoa helps to curb that chocolate craving. If I do give into the craving, I make sure I look at how many calories are in those things before I do and I limit my meals during the other parts of the day, the law of averages like you said. Another trick I have is to say to myself, "Does this cookie taste as good as being skinny feels?" I know seeing that scale go down or fitting into a smaller size feels great!

The reason I mentioned the Dr. Phil book to fairybasslet is because he discusses strategies for keeping foods that you don't want to eat in the home for other members of your family.

One of the ideas I recall from the book is to keep the snacks for other family members out of sight so you don't see it and want it. One way is to keep the food in different cabinets.

Being single and living alone I don't have to deal with this fortunately, but I can see how it would be a real challenge...keep up the good work!

Drew

Back
Top Bottom