Thursday 10th August, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the late entry all. First Happy Late Birthday Almitywife and congrats on the great wieght lose.

Every one else looks like they are doing better than me, my big lose of zero pounds. I did start doing the treadmill tonight though. I have a hard time getting on the board when I am off, so sorry for the late entry.

Everyone keep up the good work and think healthy.

I did get to go Scuba Diving Wednesday though, had fun but my dive buddy had to cancel and it just is not fun without him.

Fairybasslet, I know what you are talking about when you have to keep those snacks around for the kids.

The snacks around the house used to be a big issue for me, but like Happy, being by myself has the advantage that i can stock the shelves with fresh fruit and veggies rather than chips and cookies.

My fitness test went ok. Unfortunately at golf yesterday, I had a couple of pop, and I forgot that taking a dieretic (sp?) within 24 hours can confuse the machine a little and skew the test. It showed me as 14.1% body fat, up 0.4% from the last test a couple of months ago, but the guy testing said the pop could have skewed it by up to 5%, so he figured I was closer to 11 or 12%. My weight was confirmed at 215 with clothes on, well gym clothes, and then my boy hitler trainer put the 40lb vest on me to do my workout today, just to remind me of what I used to be like. It was a killer!

But it is all good, and I ran, without the vest, for 2.5 miles after my hour workout. Things continue to look up :D

Colby,

Sounds like your fitness routine is doing well, I'm happy to be able to walk 60mins a day, but you sound like you are making good progress. Since you are up to running 2.5 miles have you considered running in a 5K or something to give you a goal to improve your running? Once I lose a bit more so its easier on my knees I plan to do this, 20 years ago when I was fit I used to run in 5-10Ks quite often and it gives you an incentive to run.

Happy late Birthday!! ~I'm next 8/14~

since June I have lost like 29 lbs (too bad it's the same 2 over and over and over.....):shakehead

In scale terms 15 total - 15 more to go.:D

happybuddha:
Colby,

Sounds like your fitness routine is doing well, I'm happy to be able to walk 60mins a day, but you sound like you are making good progress. Since you are up to running 2.5 miles have you considered running in a 5K or something to give you a goal to improve your running? Once I lose a bit more so its easier on my knees I plan to do this, 20 years ago when I was fit I used to run in 5-10Ks quite often and it gives you an incentive to run.
That is a goal of mine! I have always wanted to run in a race. Never have done it! So, as my distance increases, I am thinking about Thanksgiving time I will be ready to start looking for a race.

Scuba_Jenny,

That's great idea and very rewarding when you get started running them. You should start with a 5k, then you can work up to 8 and 10Ks.

Good running!

Drew

Scuba_Jenny:
I have found that if I resist the cravings it gets so bad that I finally binge. So such as this week, I did give in to cravings. I know the reason I had them (hormonal). So I delt with it and went on. I had 2 cookies with milk. Not a binge by any means, but did take care of the craving, I was happy and moved on. No more fighting. I didn't sit down and eat a half bag of oreos. Then today I had a couple graham crackers with icing, no big sin, and had veggie soup for dinner. To me, it is the law of averages through the day. Eat better, healthy and keep the junk to a minimum. Of course my advice might not be worth much, as I have been fighting a plateau for a couple months! :)
ITA with you Jenny. When I want a sweet, I usually have a couple of cookies, maybe 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt. I can usually stay in control, but sometimes the compulsion gets the better of me.

happybuddha:
The reason I mentioned the Dr. Phil book to fairybasslet is because he discusses strategies for keeping foods that you don't want to eat in the home for other members of your family.

One of the ideas I recall from the book is to keep the snacks for other family members out of sight so you don't see it and want it. One way is to keep the food in different cabinets.

Drew
That is a really good idea. I have done something like that. Like with Halloween candy, I tell my son to hide it in his room. No one could ever find anything in there.:D

Good news. I lost another lb. Don't know how. :lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom