Thursday 1st March weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are all in with the big wins, put me down for another pound. 203.5 I was down 1.5, but SWMBO wanted mexican last night. I could not put down the El Hefe Borracho, one of their special dishes. That and the onions and cactus are to die for...

My main problem is that I enjoy good food. Just wish I was better at taking home left overs. As you can see from the before picture I have not been been dilligent in the doggy bag department. The one thing we have done that is a majority of the change in our loss is we are now only going out once per week.

doghouse:
The one thing we have done that is a majority of the change in our loss is we are now only going out once per week.
That's huge! I used to eat out a lot, and have cut way back in favor of more home-cooking. Now I eat a lot of fish and salads, and control what goes in them.

Took Cheng out to one of her favorite restaurants last evening. As many times as we've been there, it was only last night that I came to the realization that there's nothing on their menu that's all that good for you ... and I absolutely ADORE some of their dishes.

For the first time in my life, I'm giving real thought to what I choose to feed myself ... and realizing just how difficult is has become to eat healthy in this country. How ironic that the land with the most food offers the most unhealthy choices ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
For the first time in my life, I'm giving real thought to what I choose to feed myself ... and realizing just how difficult is has become to eat healthy in this country. How ironic that the land with the most food offers the most unhealthy choices ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
So true. Time to get back to the basics. Eat more of what God made the way God made it.
Scary, but I am actually looking at tofu...:11:

Well it's been 1 year, well almost 1 year but it's close enough, since I started posting the Thursday weighins Here is my first post:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=132016

Thursday March 02, 2006 Weigh-In

OK, I haven't seen much activity here, and with the spring rapidly, hopefully, approaching, I thought I would kick start this.

My first Thursday weigh-in and I'm at 250lbs, looking to get to 225-230.

The quest begins.

And even though I am up a bit these past few weeks, sitting at 224lbs which is 10 lbs heavier than the lowest weight I have seen, I am below my goal I set a year ago, I am down 4 inches in my pants, I am now wearing large sized shirts instead of XL, and I feel much, much healthier. My eating habits are substantially better, although I do love cheesecake still, and I really feel that this is a lifelong change that will contribute to a longer, happier life.

Keep it up everyone, it is well worth it!

Everyone is doing sooooo GREAT! I commend all of you!

Bob... I absolutely love how you compare your fluctuations to the tides. LOL Every time I step on the scales, I think, "which way is the tide going?" And of course... that makes me think of you! LOL

Eating out is a huge hinderance to "the journey". I also notice how terrible the menus are! It's very hard to find a place that has a decent selection of healthy choices. A couple days ago, Rod and the kids wanted to eat out. Honestly... no "place" even sounds good anymore! We settled on a chinese buffet.... I had chicken w/broccoli (picked mostly broccoli), about 1/4 cup of white rice, 1 "chicken on a stick", green beans, 3 crab rangoon (that's my downfall!) and for dessert... jello and a banana. Sounds like alot, but it really wasn't. I had mostly broccoli and green beans. The worst part of chinese is the sodium content... have to drink lots of water to counter the sodium.

Luckily we have one Chinese place that serves traditional non americanized fair, along with the regular menu. What a difference. I am able to avoid the General Tso's and get a much better choice that is still spicy and flavorful just no salt, no msg, no deep fried!

Thank goodness it is lunch time all this talk about food is making me hungry!

Almity, girl, you hang in there. I know exactly how I feel. It was all I could do from digging into the dark chocolate M&M's to soothe my soul. My son got a very bad progress report from his history teacher and I got really bummed about it. He could possibly fail and not graduate high school!!!
But I managed to talk myself out of it. I know that voice that urges me to drown my troubles in food. It is very seductive. And I still have my fat clothes. Bwaa haa haaa.
So I am up 1 lb from last week. This is part of the stupid 2 lb gain that I don't know how it happened, unless it is still that water retention because I did have some salty stuff.
I have totally lost track of where I am for the 10lb. Challenge. But I never win those anyway so it doesn't matter.:rofl3:

I am 152.6 today. And still trying to go down to a slim 145 lb.

fairybasslet:
Almity, girl, you hang in there. I know exactly how I feel. It was all I could do from digging into the dark chocolate M&M's to soothe my soul. My son got a very bad progress report from his history teacher and I got really bummed about it. He could possibly fail and not graduate high school!!!
But I managed to talk myself out of it. I know that voice that urges me to drown my troubles in food. It is very seductive. And I still have my fat clothes. Bwaa haa haaa.
So I am up 1 lb from last week. This is part of the stupid 2 lb gain that I don't know how it happened, unless it is still that water retention because I did have some salty stuff.
I have totally lost track of where I am for the 10lb. Challenge. But I never win those anyway so it doesn't matter.:rofl3:

Feel free to send them to me to baby-sit, I don't care for dark chocolate so they would never get eaten around my house. In fact send me your ice cream too I don't eat that either.

LindaBluedolphin:
Feel free to send them to me to baby-sit, I don't care for dark chocolate so they would never get eaten around my house. In fact send me your ice cream too I don't eat that either.

:rofl3: Too funny, Linda! I don't eat dark chocolate either. Now, ice cream... it depends on the flavor and my mood. LOL :rofl3:

I was at work on Tuesday... I worked 8 hours, and never got a break to eat lunch. In fact... I was so busy, I never even got 5 minutes to inhale a sandwich or a bowl of soup!:shakehead I was passing thru the nurses station at one point and noticed a big ole bag of Hershey Kisses layed out on the "free for all" counter. It took massive amounts of self-control to not touch them! I was starving, feeling overwhelmed by my workload, and the chocolate was screaming... EAT ME! I'm happy to report that not a single morsel touched my fingers, lips, tongue, or any other part of me!! :rofl3:

Fairy... Sorry to hear about your son... but don't give in to the chocolate!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom