Thursday 25th Jan Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
WOAH! I hopped on yon scale and either I've really stepped up my work out or the scale is erronious but it says up 8# to 222 - However, my pants are all fittin much nicer.
Careful Colin! Some people already think you are a walking, talking muscle... :rofl3:

LindaBluedolphin:
Only 0.8 for this challenge but then again I started over on Tuesday.

However it would be 2.2 lbs from last week
and 11 lbs total
Excellent! See what new measuring cups can do? Go for it!

CoolTech:
Excellent! See what new measuring cups can do? Go for it!

Thanks Cool, but I am not the one who had a problem with measuring cups I think that was Fairybasslet.

CoolTech:
Jen, Weight Watchers in the grocery has some fantastic desserts:

Double fudge Chocolate Cake: 220 cal.
Strawberry Shortcake: 180 cal.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sunday: 180 cal

Fudgecicles: 140 cal.
Cookie covered Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bar: 140 cal
----
Those may help you through the cravings, and still keep you on track.
I have avoided those things all along as sugar is my weakness. If I can just get it outa my system, takes a few days, then I will be OK. It is just getting it out that is so tough.
So, that being said, maybe I need to "give in" on the low cal stuff instead and not fight what my body craves.

CoolTech:
oops. Well, down 11 lbs... maybe you do have new "cups"? (I did not just write that :whack: )

Yes you did, and that is one of the first places I lose weight, and my face, however nothing short of major surgery would help my hips.

Sweets are my downfall as well, today I'm at 184.4 which is a 3.4 lb loss this week but I'm not thinking I will be able to sustain that rate which isn't healthy anyhow. I'm pretty good at dropping weight initially but I've never been able to keep it up.

For me the key is simple. I eat what I want when I want with one goal in mind. 0 sweets are allowed, and I eat no more than the 2500 calories a day. I aim for dark green vegies and small portions of meat like my doc long ago suggested. 3 to 6 oz per portion depending on type of meat.

The only diet I believe in is that of removing as many of the sweets as I can. Here's why. This week I dropped 2000 calories a day by stopping the candy bit, and then I removed probably another 500 calories in limiting my food intake to what I need. To be honest 175 is the weight I want to acheive, I'm not sure how my drysuit will fit there but I've got a smaller drysuit just in case...

Wow, that's pretty impressive for everyone. CBulla, if the pants are fitting better, it is probably some muscle gain, if that is a problem, the you may want to monitor that. When I went to the personal trainer, I specifically did not want to bulk up.

I'm still floating at 219. Something will give one of these days...

colby - if you see how I'm built when the fat stuff is gone, the muscle is just a staple of my frame build. I really don't use lead when I dive. :)

Jim - I am, but slightly insulated at the moment... about 30# worth

That's good. I remember one of my plateaus last year. I didn't lose any weight, but kept notching new holes in the belt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom