Thursday 29th Sept, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hiya Bubble and i think you already made a great start - but , make sure you are eating enough as otherwise your body will go into survival mode and keep what it can.

just by giving up the bad stuff is going to make a huge differnece so well done on that!

my thing is 5hrs between all meals, no softdrink and snacks, i dont mix my protiens so i have eggs for brekkie, cheese at lunch and chicken or beef or beans for dinner .... i cook better than i can describe it so the meals are quite yummy

hubby is a powerlifter who, like a hobbit, has 5 or 6 smaller meals per day but based on the same rules above

so Jenny has thrown the challange out there for some 10lbs results so jump right in!

cheers

Bubble,

I did something very similar, cut out the processed sugars, but unlike Almity, I keep to several small meals during the day, never more than 2-2.5 hours between them. The idea is to get your metabolism going at a good rate, and the running will help that. Lean muscle uses much more energy. I also try not to eat anything after 9:00 at night, and if I do it's a bit of lite popcorn or something like that. Lots of fruits and veggies, and the more natural, read uncooked, the better. I've lost over 40 pounds since January last year, the last couple of months have really been a maintenance period, so most of my weight was lost in the first 5-6 months. Nothing on the scale of Almity, but I'm happy with it :D

Also, I use www.fitday.com to track food intake.

Welcome aboard!

I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. And also kinda maintain a diabetic diet. (hopefully I am no longer a candidate). A diabetic diet that I use is looking at the ingredients. If the first 2-3 ingredients are a sugar-sugar, frutcose, corn syrup..etc. I don't eat it.
I try to eat what God has made, the way God made it. So gone are the potato chips, and most processed foods. Carbonated drinks included. Since sugar is my trigger food, I try to keep away from all sugars, however, since I am not perfect, I do eat some. (Now that I set up the challenge, no sugar for me!!!)
Hope this helps.
This is a pretty neat group and a lot of good karma here!

i hear you Jenny on the "hopefully im not a canadidate" for diabeties anymore!!!!!! thankfully i think God created Tim Tams and the OCCASIONAL rum and rasin icecream for you so an occasional one might be in my future but not for a verrrrry long time

i have noticed if i have something naughty (said tim tams) then i just want to eat and eat and eat and eat... has to be the sugar triggers so i dont even have that stuff in the house anymore

Thanks for all the advice. I may be going into the starvation mode thing. Sometimes it is a long time between meals and I don't eat a snack or anything. I guess I need to start packing fruit to eat in between meals.

I did walk/run 1.5 miles today after work. My shins are a bit sore.

LOL, Almity, the Rum Raisin is long gone. Last week I succumbed to Moose Tracks Frozen Yogurt. Of course last week was a sugar binge week. Now I know why..icky women stuff.

Well, I'm a few days late but I'd like in on your challenge. I've been trying to lose weight all year. I'm down about 25lbs from January but when you have 100 to lose, 25lbs in 10 months isn't all that great and I'm a little frustrated. I've been back to making a concerted effort since May, but I'm only down 15 pounds since then. I know it's not supposed to be a race but it's hard to be patient. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because I've been on a binge. Yes, a several week binge.

So, I'll weigh in when I get home tonight and go from there. Good luck everyone. Almitywife, your results are amazing! How long have you been dieting to lose so much?

Sue, welcome to the group. It's really hard sometimes to get motivated, but I've found the positive people that we have collected help make a huge difference.

If you read back to some of the previous weeks of posting, you will see a pretty common thread. This is a decision to make a lifestyle change that in the end will make each of us healthy and happy. It's a challange to create a new lifestyle that you will be comfortable living for the rest of your life. It's a decision to never go back to where you were before.

And it's not just seeing the weight strip off of our bodies, it's buying new clothes, it's the positive comments from people we love and/or haven't ssen for a long time. It all feels so very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom