Thursday 29th Sept, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good morning! Mind if I jump onboard? I weigh in at 213 and have a goal of 175 LBS. I was running up to 4.5 miles before the summer heat hit and then I slacked off. Now I'm trying to build my mileage back up. Only running 1 milers now but will slowly pick back up the mileage. My breathing's been good but my legs have been sore.
Patrick

Patrick,

Welcome aboard. Check back in Thursdays, Almity usually starts the post, and good luck!

fairybasslet:
A few reasons why I know I will lose this wager
1) Men generally lose faster than women. At the spa where I did that contest over the summer and a guy won, one of the staffers said "Men always win.
2) Younger people lose faster that old farts like me. LOL
3) If you have 50 lbs to lose as opposed to 10 lbs, the person who has more to lose will lose it faster.

Now, if you want to go by who can lose 10% of their body weight the fastest, maybe I'd have a fighting chance. :D
It's not necessarily about the wining. It's about a bunch of us making a concerted effort to lose a bunch of weight. For me, its about 10lbs and needing some motivation. So what if somebody else beats me, what if I end up losing 8.5lbs in the process? It's a win/win situation for everybody!!
C'mon Fairybasslet, jump in and have some fun! You can lose too!! :wink: (loaded sentence there, eh?)

fairybasslet:
A few reasons why I know I will lose this wager
1) Men generally lose faster than women. At the spa where I did that contest over the summer and a guy won, one of the staffers said "Men always win.
2) Younger people lose faster that old farts like me. LOL
3) If you have 50 lbs to lose as opposed to 10 lbs, the person who has more to lose will lose it faster.

Now, if you want to go by who can lose 10% of their body weight the fastest, maybe I'd have a fighting chance. :D

Fairy!!!! sweetie..... you know you are a (insert 'L' on forehead and Jim Carey accent) LOOOOOSSSEEERRRRRRRRRRR :rofl3: (talking weight only here sweetie!) so sending you a giant kick up the bum to give it your best shot!!!

men may loose faster but thats because we gotta let them be able to do one thing over us (notice i didnt say better) :eyebrow:

Hey kiddos,
Can I get my pudgy self in on this party?
Kinda bummed about the mens XL wetsuit I have to roll on like sausage casing. Now that the winter is almost upon us, I'm hoping to get to the gym more often and hopefully next summers wetsuit might actually be a womans size!!
Keep up the good work!

fairybasslet:
:rofl3: OK. When do we start? :rofl3:
NOW!
Get goin'!
What are you gonna do to lose those 10lbs?
I am eating large quantities of homemade veggie soup, and drinking green tea and water.

hi ScubaBeez and welcome!!!

you will find a new thread every thursday and yep, i usually start it as thursday happens here wayyyy before you guys :D

why dont you kick in right now with Jennys 10lb challange!!!

I'm up for the challenge! :sprite10:

I went to my cousin's wedding this past weekend. Everyone said how great I looked and that's really inspired me to keep going.

Welcome to those joining us for the first time. You'll find some great inspiration here.

:D

Thanks I need the inspiration to loose about 30LBS! Anyone have any pointers on how to make it work smoother? I'm drinking a lot of water and have cut my portions in half. Cutting out all soft drinks and sweets. Running is still being built back up.

Back
Top Bottom