Thursday 5th October, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
You could probably loose 5lbs just by putting down that beer mug! :D
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
I heard a story on the radio about some boxer who weighed in heavy by a couple of ounces, so he took off his shorts, and he met his weight.

hahah Fairy!! i think you would loose 20lbs if you put down the cat! hopefully your 0.5lbs was gained by sitting around and laughing & loving with family or friends. i heard that story about the boxer also and havent been able to find any photos of the event yet despite all my googling :wink:

wooohoooo to all the fantastic posts here!!!! so many things to be happy and proud about

to those that have maintained but managed to pull out extra exercise - im in awe of you! im like FL, i cant run (despite thinking i run like a gisele hubby says yes, like a shot and stuffed one) so im in awe of those that can.

Trickster!! Happy Birthday!!!! remember to take that watch off for weighins as im sure it weighs at least half a pound!

Jenny - great challange idea... so is there a prize :D

hahahah - on my local fatty forum they are arranging a meet and great (which is great) but they arranging it at a local Dennys! i see it as kinda like the druggies in detox meeting up at the local drug den.... i dont think i will go as i cant trust myself to be good!

soooooooooooooo - this sunday - 8th Oct is my 5th month anniversary of making the decision to make my life and future a better one!!!! be warned - there may be journey photos to show and tell next week :D

Cool Beans Almity! Can't wait to see the pics. It has been 7 months for me.

Prize for the challenge? Like what? Maybe we can announce it in our sig line or something. I dunno.

hahahaha - i suppose a visit to the Cadbury Choc factory isnt a option :D

i have heaps of Frogdive Sydney Scuba teeshirts so i can donate a prize which is to mail them a tee from down under :D of course, if i loose 10lbs first we can go with the 2nd winner!

Sounds good to me!

see my sig!!!

heheheh - maybe next challange should be a jar of vegemite :D

Nice sig!

Hey everyone! Yesterday's weigh-in had me at 213. It's been a rough week eating wise at dinner time. It was my wife's birthday earlier in the week and there were multiple meals with friends and family with the temptation of home-made desserts :( I did well with lunch and had light breakfasts. That's behind me now and hopefully will be down a few pounds by next Thurs.
Patrick

Well, I weighed in this morning after not having touched the scale since 9/11 and I've gained 4.5 lbs. :( I guess I shouldn't be surprised though after my admitted multi-week binge. So I've basically set myself back a couple of months and need to start again.

Sue,

No worries. It's a long process to erase years of questionable habits. Start with nutrition and add in some exercise. It's a solid combination of both. You need to be able to come up with a nutritional plan that you will be happy with for the rest of your life. That's the biggest issue with the specialty diets. You lose weight while you are on them, and then gain once you go back to your old eating habits.

The same goes for exercise alone. In the spring of 2005, I started exercising heavily with a personal trainer and lost about 30 pounds. However, I didn't change my eating habits. My exercising slowed down, and I gained all the weight back. This past January, I started again with a personal trainer and changed my eating habits. 40+ pounds later, I am reaching my 1 year mark. I am eating a wide variety of foods, and still have treats once in a while, I had a hunk of carrot cake yesterday mmmmmmmm, but I am eating foods I could eat for the rest of my life. I don't feel like I am missing anything. Now I need to reduce quantity, and I think things will start to drop again.

Keep up the work, and keep posting here, good or bad. It's a great group, and you will get a lot of support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom