Thursday Night Beach Dive, 10/19 Howards Place. 7pm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool Beans, Kev! Will be good diving with ya again.. it's been a looonnnng time!

Scuba_Jenny:
Cool Beans, Kev! Will be good diving with ya again.. it's been a looonnnng time!

Yes'm. It has. I believe the last time was the "Hey you guys, Jamie and I will be in later on" dive... also known ast the "Dude, why are all those people running up and down the beach with flashlights?" dive, in some circles.

:rofl: Yeah, I think that was the last time.

Scubakevdm:
Howard, you forgot your reel. Maybe my gear bearer and I will come. If I can remember, I'll bring it.

Crap... I would probably need that for my flag...

We are hoping to come up there on Friday to dive anyway.

What's the Goliath situation?? I'd like to dive the Castor (with video camera) on Friday?? :D

howarde:
Crap... I would probably need that for my flag...

We are hoping to come up there on Friday to dive anyway.

What's the Goliath situation?? I'd like to dive the Castor (with video camera) on Friday?? :D
I expect that it's almost back to normal by now. I think that what you saw was the tail end of a spawning aggregation.

So this is 6:30-6:45ish show, 7pm go ?

Hi everyone, I'd really like to join you on this one. Can someone give me a quick rundown of the dive? Is there a swim to a reef, anything special I need to know or bring aside from a flashlight? Lobstering?

SFLDiver:
So this is 6:30-6:45ish show, 7pm go ?
It sounds to me like it's a 7pm show... go asap after that...

Are you bringing Loonie :eyebrow:

@ Matt - there is a short surface swim... minimal lobsters out here, but you can certainly bring your stuff...

Dive flag is a good thing, and glow sticks for your tank, in addition to your flashlight.

TriMat, its about 200-500 yards swim, going down, swimming around, keep an eye on your own compass to practice your navigation skills. lights should be pointed to the ground, or at someone's chest/feet level, never in their face!
But someone will explain to you on the beach to follow a certain signal then everyone covers their lights and start hitting the micro shrimp that glow.
after that its a pretty standard swim back to shore.

Recommended for the dive (and everyone can correct me if i'm wrong):
AIR + standard scuba equipment.
Chemical/electrical glow sticks (at least two, one for your flag, one for your tank).
twistties/tie wrap etc'
For light, its recommended one primary and one backup, but there are going to be some other divers, worse case scenario and you can't get a backup light, stay close to someone.

anything else I forgot? maybe good mood, but you can come with a bad one, night dive makes everything look better! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom