Thursday Night Beach Dive, 10/19 Howards Place. 7pm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just bringing the PolarTec, we haven't had much rain lately. If I get cold I'll just swim faster, LOL!

Cool!!

ReneeC:

Michelle said, "yea! Renee is coming!"

If anyone is still checking, I might not make it. I was going to come over after dropping my roommate off at the airport but his flight's been delayed AND he got held up at work an extra hour.

So don't wait up - hopefully next time :iconeutra

Howard and Michelle, Thank you SO MUCH for your hospitality!!! It is rare to dive the Galt Ocean Mile from the beach and I thoroughly enjoyed your backyard tonight!

Renee, thanks for being a great dive buddy and finding that humongous shovelhead lobster!!

Everyone else, great diving with you and let's do it again...maybe next Thursday night?

This was an INCREDIBLE dive. Renee and I saw a small nurse shark and an octopus in a fierce battle. It was a draw as the 8-legged mollusk eventually withdrew under a narrow ledge. We also saw a purple mouth eel free swimming (BEAUTIFUL), a lovely small green turtle, nice sized hogfish and angelfish, and a huge, wide open basket starfish.

And then, there the were "ones that got away" but a few bugs were landed and yours truly hit the TRIFECTA...a spiny, a Spanish, and a shovelnose! The Spanish had JUST molted and was right next to its former shell. He was as limp as a dishrag. The shovelnose may be the largest I've ever seen. Check it out!

And how can I forget: Jenny, nice new bathing suit! :crafty:

DebbyDiver:
I'm just bringing the PolarTec, we haven't had much rain lately. If I get cold I'll just swim faster, LOL!

Tonight was my last PolarTec dive of the season. I was pretty chilly tonight. Anyone doing the Mercedes on Saturday will get to see my nice thin (3 mil? I forget...) neoprene jumpsuit. :)

Did anyone happen to end up with an extra cressi big eyes mask?

Thanks to Howard and Michelle for being such good hosts! Nice dive, Justin, Smile Mon and Kev are excellent buddies.
Amazing that stoopid bug got away, I almost had him a couple times. I turned one loose that was a hair too short, didn't even try for the spotted, and lost one while trying to manage the light and noose at the same time. Oh well, I still had a good dive.
I did manage to freeze though with my 3mm shorty that is well worn. So glad I have a new one on the way 6.5mm 2 piece.
Thanks Michelle for helping with the fins! Lol.
And Debby, glad you liked the bathing suit! :D

Thanks Howard and Michelle! It was an awesome dive and you are great hosts!

Great to finally dive with you as a buddy Debby! And to see everyone that I haven't dove with in a long while. See you all in the water this weekend I hope!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom