Ticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

April that was a fun day of diving. First time at lovering and probably wont be my last. Even tho the ticks were bad it was still fun. To bad (name) forgot his drysuit, it would have been nice to get in another dive but i didnt want him to dive out there and not get any dives in. Im just glad it fit him so well.

:D

my husband sprays our entire yard with dish soap/water solution. We heard it gives the bugs diarrhea and eventually they "dump" themselves to death. Not sure how true this is, but we haven't had ticks since he started spraying. Maybe someone with an entomology degree can document this???

I don't think I can use the dish soap, and wait for the ticks to poop themselves to death. I'm too impatient.
:rofl3:

:rofl3: I was talking about your yards-not your body, but I wonder if you could get a government grant to do research on "how long it takes a tick to poop itself to death after consuming dishsoap":rofl3: Sounds like you've got quite a few in your area to get the project started !

And I'm sure I could find some people who would be willing to watch and time how long it takes for the creatures to die in dish soap. Anything to see them expire!

Luckily the season seems to be on the down-swing. Now we wait for the mosquitoes.

Lyme Disease, which is caused by a tick bite, is VERY serious. Make sure you check yourself thoroughly and if you see a rash or start getting headaches and become lethargic get to a doctor immediately! My sister-in-law is a world-renowned case study for Lyme Disease and has battled for over a decade to no avail. Co-infections can include meningitis and encephalitis, both of which can be fatal.
On the positive side, glad to hear you had a great day of diving. :)

Back
Top Bottom